Friday, February 3, 2012

3rd Love

Today I love:

*PTO for Charlie
*My Bed
*Video monitors


Natalia has a stomach bug again. (last time was in July) Yesterday after nap time was melt down city and I could tell something was off but I just chalked it up to being tired because she took a short nap. She woke up at about 11:00pm crying. I tried comforting her and left her room. Fifteen minutes later she was up and crying again. Went back in there to comfort her. That happened about three times before I was ready to give up and let her cry it out. Charlie went in there and said she as complaining of her stomach hurting. Again, fifteen minutes later I was up with her and brought her into our bed hoping she just needed some snuggles. She snuggled for a minute and then turned over saying her tummy hurt and she started gagging. I pulled her out of bed and she puked all over the floor. Poor baby. Not sure what it was, if anything, that hurt her tummy yesterday or if it was just a bug. Anyway, she got a little on our bed so Charlie cleaned that up while I got her cleaned up and changed. We got the floor cleaned and then I took her to her room to snuggle so Charlie could attempt to sleep. We sang and snuggled on her chair for a while and when I was sure she wasn't going to puke again I laid her in her crib. She wasn't happy and wanted to go snuggle in mommy's bed again. So I told her I would sleep on the floor next to her. I went and grabbed a blanket and laid down. She was so cute and handed me her "mommy lady bug" pillow pet to sleep with. She kept tossing and turning, I realized I wasn't going to be able to sneak out of her room anytime soon so I went and grabbed some extra pillows and attempted to make a bed on her floor. It was super uncomfortable but I manged to doze off for a couple of hours. Around 7am I woke up and snuck into our bed. Which is ten times more comfortable now with the memory foam pad we added to it. I got about another hour of sleep before Lydia woke me up to eat. Natalia woke up then too so I realized no more sleep was in my future. Charlie saw how tired I was a decided to take the morning off so I could get a nap in. I didn't think I could function all morning if I waited until this afternoon to take a nap. She ended up puking on him while I was sleeping as well. But, now she is down for a nap and she was starting to act a little more like herself while we read/sang so I'm hoping we are over it. Last night it hit me that if I had let her cry it out she would have puked in her bed and I wouldn't have known because I don't have the video monitor on her. She would have just kept crying and i would have assumed she was just crying for me. That just breaks my heart. I know people do this all the time without monitors but I'm just struggling not having one on her anymore.

So now that I've got both girls down for naps it's time to get everything washed and folded from last night.

We got our flooring paid for yesterday so now hopefully we can get this show on the road. ;) Once the materials arrive at Lowes then the contractor will call me and set up a time to come do it. So ready to have it all done with. I'm thinking that since I'll be home alone without the girls while they replace the floor I'm going to try and get a ton of sewing done and restock my Etsy store. That's the plan for now anyway, we'll see what I actually do he he he.

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor