Want some easy non fried Chinese food at home? This is it! It took a little bit of time since I didn't really know what I was doing, but am sure the next go around will be quicker since I know how to do it all. I love that she includes pictures on her blog of each step so I knew if mine looked right. It tasted super yummy!! I made my white rice that morning and put it in the fridge so that by evening I had cold rice to mix up her fried rice recipe (added cubed ham and green onions to mine too) Give it a go, it's yummy!! Charlie said right away to add this to our rotation. =)
I've been in a crock pot phase lately. Something about winter always brings it on. So my goal is to use it at least once a week (we tend to make 3-4 dinners here at home and the rest is eaten with family at other homes so really once is a lot) Anyway, we did a stew last week. This one was super easy and very tasty.
Of course we don't have a Trader Joes here so I just used regular grocery items, but it works and it's easy. =)
This week's crock pot recipe was soup:
I did this on Monday and am so glad I did. It was a rainy cold day and a rough day with Lydia (more on that later) so it was awesome that dinner was so easily ready. I decided to add the can of corn she suggests at the end. Also, it had quite the kick to it (even Charlie who loves spicy food said so) and I only used the 1/8 of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper. She mentions 1/4 or 1/8 to taste etc. Next time I'd definitely use less. Also I didn't add the corn tortillas at the beginning to thicken it like she mentions, it was a little thin but still so tasty. I used my immersion blender before adding the chicken/corn etc so there weren't onion chunks and it made the broth smooth and creamy. This one will definitely be made again! Side note, it does make A LOT so I'd probably freeze half next time.
One more:
So this isn't off of Pinterest. Charlie really likes fish, I on the other hand despise it. I'll eat salmon occasionally but hate all other seafood. And salmon is pushing it for me. Introducing the one fish recipe I have and will make, Giada Salmon recipe sans the mint and I don't do the pea puree. But the broth on this is really good. The lemon and chicken broth really go well with the salmon and help with that "fishy" taste I don't care for. I serve it on a bed of fresh baby spinach (which wilts with the heat and the sauce and is still good) and mashed potatoes. The broth with the potatoes is pretty tasty too. So give it a go. I usually get three fillets from Freddies and the broth is enough for all three. (two for us and one for Charlie to have as left overs)




No comments:
Post a Comment