One of them was this one:
I don't have a picture of our version, but they were sure tasty! A few notes: I didn't have cayenne pepper so I just skipped that part of the rub. I only used a 2.5lb pork and the recipe says to use a 3lb. We still had enough leftovers to last us for days! The pork does get saltier as it sits in the fridge though, so by our third helping of leftovers it was almost too salty. Also I couldn't find radishes at the store so we went without. The slaw with cilantro lime mix was delish though and I piled that onto mine. The last day we used some of my grandma's homemade salsa since we were out of tomatoes and added some cut up avocado and it might have actually tasted the best of all the days.
We tried this one out again:
But this time I added shredded chicken (that I grilled with salt/pepper/Italian seasoning) and some cut up artichokes. OMG so good. Seriously bacon fat and garlic should be illegal. I also just used mozzarella instead of whatever cheese it listed because that's what I had. Skipped the red pepper flakes because I wanted to be sure Natalia and Lydia would eat it. And lastly just followed the amount of lemon she said to use for less lemon taste. I love lemon taste but was afraid of it over powering the dish.
**side note, did you know you can shred cooked chicken in your mixer?
I'd never tried it before, usually just shredded it with a couple of forks or my fingers... but this was so much faster and easier!! It's awesome. Thank you Pinterest.
Tonight we are making spaghetti and meatballs. Charlie is not a fan of spaghetti, but he's out of town for work. Natalia has a couple of stories that mention it and she's been asking for it. So we'll make a fun project out of making meatballs together. I'm using a recipe from Giada since I've never actually made meatballs. I usually just brown the meat with onions and toss it into my spaghetti sauce. So we'll see how it goes. ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment