Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Lately

So Lydia's top teeth finally cut, the front two are through the side two are about to cut.  She had intense diarrhea and her tush was extremely raw.  Finally gave in and took her to the pediatrician because I couldn't handle the SCREAMING any more.  Come to find out it's more then just teething she has a stomach bug.  DOH!  So now we are on probiotics and a prescription cream for the tush and starting to show improvement.  As in she finally slept all night last night!  Nothing like a kicking screaming crying one year old writhing in pain to send a mama into massive tears.  It's been awful.  We were in the process of mixing milk and formula to make the switch, but have had to go back to full formula since diary can make the stomach bug worse.  She's had a fun few weeks hasn't she?  Poor thing cant catch  a break it seems.  BTW I am working on a post of her love affair with Mickey Mouse.  I got it on video, and seriously it's probably the cutest thing ever.  She adores Mickey and it's what makes her smile and giggle after some horrible diaper changes. 

Natalia is doing great in preschool.  She's been having accidents here and there, but for the most part has kept that pull up clean while there.  Most of the time she really seems to enjoy it.  Except yesterday she didn't want Charlie to leave for work and kept asking him to take her with him.  We asked why she didn't want to go to school?  She said the girls were mean to her and wouldn't play with her.  WTF?  3-4 year olds already? BROKE MY HEART.  Seriously.  What do you say to a 3 year old who is feeling left out? COME ON!  Anyway, I'm not sure how bad it is or what the situation is and I didn't get a chance to talk to her teacher about it.  So I told her if the girls are mean then just play with Jude, he won't be mean and he's her friend.  After preschool yesterday I asked if she played with Jude and if she had fun, she said yes and that Jude is nice.  So at least he's there for her.  She has decided that 7am seems like a good time to get up instead of 8am which has been tough on me.  I'm hoping to somehow correct that before we hit the time change or else it'll be 6am!  ;)

Charlie and I have been having fun with our season tickets.  We've gotten to have so many date nights because of it.  Normally we'd get maybe one date night a month and this fall have gotten 2-3 it's been awesome.  After the last game (which was the BSU black out and tons of fun) we went bowling with some friends at Big Al's in Meridian.  Our first time there, and it was awesome.  A little pricier then a normal bowling alley.  But they have everything there and good food, servers to bring food/drinks to your alley etc.  It was a lot of fun.  Our house is going up like crazy!  The framing was supposed to be done this Friday and we had scheduled our framing walk through, but with all the rain we've been having they are behind a couple of days.  So now it's scheduled for next Tue the 30th.  I'm so excited to walk through it!!!  I'm seriously beyond exhausted with both girls not sleeping well and early wake up times.  The house is definitely suffering for it.  Everyday I go to bed thinking tomorrow will be different. Tomorrow I'll clean the bath rooms.  Tomorrow I'll keep up with the toy mess.  Tomorrow I'll vacuum and mop. Then tomorrow comes and I'm tired and just want to snuggle my girls and watch TV.  LAZY MAMA!  At least I got some laundry done this week right?  Dinner is still being made, that's good right? 

I'm also in a funk lately because my mama is moving away from me.  Ok, to some of you this might not be that big a deal.  But to me it's HUGE.  I know most kids grow up with their grandparents far away from them but  I grew up with a Grandma living with us and my Grandparents five minutes away from us.  I LOVED that.  I remember one time I had cut my finger on a can while opening it (not sure where my parents or my grandma Gladys was) but I called my Grandpa and he came right over and bandaged me up. I want that for my kids (which has been a huge factor in staying in Idaho) I know my girls will still have their other grandma and grandpas around, which I'm very grateful for.  But my mom is my mom.  And, she's been our #1 babysitter... and my girls love spending the night with her.  And I could go on and on as to why I don't want her to leave.  But her husband got a job in Pueblo Colorado, 11 hours away, and to CO she must go.  I'm sad, I'm angry, I'm bitter, I'm a little bit of everything right now.  I don't want her to go.  She says she'll come back once a month but it's just not the same.  GRRR.  Those awesome date nights we have been getting are all because of my mom and so that's going to change drastically when she leaves.  Which when she leaves is still up in the air.  Colin starts work Monday so she's going with him this weekend to get him set up and then will be back Sunday night.  Then she's gotta figure out her job/the house etc.  UGH!  I want to SCREAM.

Ok enough with the pity party.  I did get some AWESOME news earlier in the week.  I can't share yet because she has to make sure everything is set in stone.  =)  Soon, soon my friends. 

Until then.   

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor