What a great party. Yes, I went over board again. Yes, I was more then stressed. But, I'm an old pro at this whole party thing by now. The problem this last week was that Charlie was gone to Boston for work. So I was here holding up the fort by myself all week, trying to clean and prep by myself, and do the usual mommy stuff. I'm used to doing it all on my own during the day, it's just those couple of hours after work that Charlie comes home and plays with them while I make dinner and helps with baths/bed time that I was sorely missing. Not to mention I just don't sleep well when he's gone so add to the multiple wake ups from kiddos and I was BEAT. Yay for daddy being home now though.
Lydia's party was a huge success. Again I'm overwhelmed with love and appreciation for our family and friends who show up to celebrate with us and put up with my overindulgence when it comes to these things. ;) They spoiled her rotten and she got lots of good stuff. She got her very own personalized piggy bank (like Natalia got one) that I just love and we've already began splitting our change between the girls to start filling it up. Her favorite gift of the evening had to be a Mickey Mouse doll. She freaked out when she saw us open it and just had to have it. Snuggled her face right up to him, and really didn't want to give him up when it was time to do cake. She has slept and snuggled him ever since. It's seriously the CUTEST thing ever. We did an elephant theme and had tons of yummy food. Lydia got into her frosting a little on her smash cake but at least she didn't cry. I shed a few tears as we sang happy birthday to her (of course). It was a great evening! I did get a little bit sad thinking this is our last party in this house, which then lead me to realize this will be our last Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas in this house... talk about feeling nostalgic. I'm so excited for our new home and the space it will provide for big parties like this though! (they start framing Monday so watch for some fun update pics!) Lydia was exhausted that night and crashed around 8:30pm and slept the whole night and didn't wake up until 9am Saturday morning! Natalia on the other hand stayed up way too late playing with cousins. Finally went to bed at 9pm, but was playing and singing in her crib until 10pm, and as usual woke up bright and early at 8am. you'd think she'd want to sleep in after a late night, oh no not this girl!
Now it's been a crazy busy weekend. Saturday we had another BSU game to go to (we won) and then we rushed home to get cleaned up and off to my friend Angie's wedding. Today after picking up the girls we went to Moons for breakfast and it was so fun to go out to breakfast as a family. Lydia was in the best mood and was being so animated, it was super adorable. I've yet to finish cleaning up the house and take down decorations. I'm exhausted! So this week will be spent getting everyone back on track, the house back on track, and just normal day to day stuff.
I posted the party pics in the Lydia Turns one album, so check them out. I'm waiting to see if anyone has any more because I'm lacking on the present/cake part. =(
Monday, October 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment