Friday, October 12, 2012

Lydia is ONE!

Babybug, Bugaboo, Lovebug, Lydibug, Buggie, Bugs, Bug

 WOW.

You are one.

I thought the first year of Natalia's life flew by quickly... this first year with you seemed to go twice as fast.  Before you were born I was so scared of having a second baby.  I couldn't imagine life as a mama of two.  I was afraid of how much I loved Natalia and worried my love wouldn't grow.  Let's get something straight... Now I  can't imagine life without you.  You were meant to be my baby.  I love you oh so much and now understand what it means when love just grows.  I hope I've done well by you and been the very best mama to you that I can be.  You bring so much joy and happiness to our family.  You are so much fun and so loving. 

Your Favorite food might be pizza.  You devour it and get really really mad if you see it and we don't share.  it's really pretty cute.  You get this hungry/begging little puppy look on your face when we eat something you want and you are not afraid to get in our face to try and get some from us. 

We've had a rough couple of weeks... you weren't sleeping and I was convinced it was teeth.  Which still could be a possibility (I swear those top four are going to cut through any day now) but come to find out you had another ear infection!  Naps and bed time have been tough and you didn't want to be put down.  You'd fall asleep in my arms but the second I go to move you to the crib you scream.  It was really tough because I'm used to such an easy baby who was amazing at putting herself to sleep in the crib.  Not to mention you had decided to refuse the bottle.  So you weren't getting any milk/formula at all.  We kept you plenty hydrated though because you love water out of a sippy or out of Mommy's water bottle.  Now that you've been on antibiotics for a few days though you are still pretty much refusing the bottle.  You'll drink it first thing in the morning but then usually push it away if I try to offer it at nap time, bed time, or night wakings.  So I think maybe you are just ready to give it up at this point.  At least you've been going down for sleep much easier and that will be nice if you've already transitioned the bottle out of your sleepy routine. 

Baby food is a thing of the past!  You are all about regular food and get really mad if we try to give you anything resembling baby food (I quit making it a while ago but have been trying to get you to finish off what is left in the freezer).  You love cheese, pasta, sliced ham, and a cold banana.  But getting you to eat any sort of veggie is tough.  I have to cut it up super small and mix it in with pasta.  Totally normal baby to love those things, I'm just used to your sister who has always been more a fan of veggies/fruit then pasta/cheese. 

We went and did your one year photo shoot last week and you were such a ham!  When you see my little red camera you are pretty good about cheesing it up for me and I love it.  The photo shoot was a hit and I was loving your many animated faces. 

You are such an easy going mellow baby.  You just want to be were we are, but are so good about just hanging out and playing by yourself.  You do have a slight stubborn streak to you though (you were bound to get it with me as your mama) but have been such an easy baby for me. 


You've become a total binky baby as well.  I've been pretty good about keeping them in your room so you only have them for sleep.  Sometimes when you are super grumpy one manages to make it's way out of the room though.  I'm hoping to get rid of them before you turn a year and half though to make it easier on all of us. 

You are starting to love your mommy/me swim lessons and doing great at it too.  Even when you get dunked you don't make a peep, just a big smile. 

You are my little climber.  Natalia never really was a climber and to this day hasn't climbed out of her crib.  But you are a little dare devil.  You've managed to climb into the little chairs we have downstairs and the other day used it to get onto Natalia's little yellow table.  Scared the crap out of me.  And you climbed onto the couch using one of those chairs! No doubt you'll be climbing out of your crib in no time.  I better start baby proofing a little more for you huh?

Not walking yet and that's just fine by me.  You've always been so laid back and just done things on your own that I haven't really tried to push it.  Plus it just means you are one step closer to being a toddler and not my little baby anymore.

Haven't said much beyond; Mama, Dada, Nana (Natalia I think) and sometimes I think you say Puppa.  There's been a few times where I'll say something for you to repeat and I think you said it but could just be my imagination.  One thing you've started to catch onto though is to do "more" in sign language.  It's really fun to work with you and see you learn new things.

We've had a really long hard week this last week with Daddy gone to Boston for work.  Mommy is exhausted!!  I've been trying really hard to get the house ready for your party.  Thursday morning I was in the kitchen cleaning and I heard a hard THUNK and a scream.  You had managed to hit your head on the shelf on the long table behind the couch.  It was HEARTBREAKING.  Mommy cried all morning she felt so awful for you.  Luckily by afternoon it was looking much better, but I was seriously worried you'd have a black eye for your birthday.  Poor boo boo.

 
 
I still can't get over the fact that a whole year has flown by in the wink of an eye.  It feels like just a month ago that we were sitting at home watching shows timing my contractions.  My birth experience with you, which went in a totally opposite direction then what I had wanted... has helped me realize that maybe I can do that again and natural next time.  Thank you for that and showing me I'm stronger then I realize.  =)  you have been such a blessing to me and I'm so very thankful that you came to us and I get to be your mommy.  I'm still not ready for you to grow up so darn fast on me, but am excited to see who you will become.  I'm excited to see the relationship continue to grow between you and your sister. 
 
 
I say this with tears of happiness in my eyes...
 
 
 I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!
 
Happy First Birthday Lydia!

1 comment:

Sharlee said...

What beautiful pictures! I love the one with the two of you together!! Happy Birthday, Lydia!!

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor