Monday, June 11, 2012

Potty Training Day 1

Well we did it.  We jumped right into potty training.  I figured we have the next three days pretty easy so it was now or never.  This kiddo NEEDS to be out of diapers.  Seriously.  I talked it up all Sunday about how we were going to start using panties and no more diapers etc.  So I think she was prepared.

It's now nap time and we've had ups and downs all morning.  I put her panties on right away and she didn't freak out or anything.  She did however proceed to pee a lot.  By 11am I had changed her 6 times.  I had a moment of sheer excitement because she told me she needed to pee and ended up pooing in the potty!  We did the happy dance, three M&M's and called daddy to brag thing.  So I thought poo was going to be easy.  HA!  She pood twice after that in her panties without a care.  DOH!  One time she started to pee in her panties but we caught it in time to get her on the potty and she peed a lot.  She's really good at telling me she's peeing but not actually making it to the potty.  I know it's only our first day so I'm trying really hard not to let myself be discouraged.  It's just no fun cleaning up so much pee and poo!!

Post nap update.  OH MY GOSH.  This little girl is trying to make a liar out of me.  I was complaining to Charlie how rough the morning was.  Add on top of that I burnt my wrist on the oven, Lydia was super cranky, and I was trying to get dinner ready for my dad and family.  Natalia didn't pee at all after nap for almost two hours... I was starting to freak.  I asked her constantly if she needed to go, and got her to sit a couple of times but nothing.  (I got tired of hearing myself say, "do need to pee" so I'm sure she was sick of it!) While everyone was serving themselves, I asked her to try again before dinner... and she peed!!  WOOO!  No accidents during dinner or after either.  We were out jumping on the tramp and I asked her to try again (and we could go back outside) and sure enough another success!  I was so excited! 

So now I'm not feeling so discouraged.  I feel like maybe something did click after all.  I'm hoping that tomorrow goes a little better than this morning, even if it doesn't go as well as this afternoon did.  I'm so excited to not have to change her diapers anymore!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor