My beautiful Lydibug at 8 months:
You are a tummy sleeper, I put you down on your back and you always roll to your tummy. Thank goodness we finally got rid of that sleep sack. You sleep pretty great for the most part without it with the exception of your ear infections.
You love to sit and play with toys, if I sit you in the middle of the living room you do the best. You just like to be where you can sit and watch everyone.
You are an eating maniac. Eating baby food like champ and any little foods I'll feed you, pasta noodles etc.
Not mobile yet, and boy and am I thankful for that. Your two little cousins started getting mobile pretty early on (Jocelyn was walking at 9 months and Cypress started crawling at 7 or 8, and now at 10 months is about to walk).... seriously don't pull that crap on me. I'm happy with the non mobility!
Diaper changes have become and Olympic event, you are soooo rolly polly on that changing table. It's impossible to get you to hold still.
No teeth yet, but I'm sure it's upon us. Natalia didn't get any teeth until 10 months so I'm thinking it could be that long for us too, or any day now. You droll like crazy and chew on everything so who knows!
You screech, scream, squeal, and babble at the top of your lungs. Mama and Dada are frequently heard among those as well.
We tried sticking your feet in the little pool in the back yard and you were not having it! The water was too cold for your princess toes and so you let mama know to get you the heck out of there. Once I got in and just put you on my lap then you were perfectly content to watch big sister play. But of course bath time is still a favorite time for you. So much in fact that when we skip it (because we were out too late a families house) you seem to throw a fit in that you'll refuse to go to bed and make it difficult to get you to sleep! You definitely like our night time routine and hate when we vary.
I'm loving each new stage with you as always, but am dreading you getting older and growing up on me. SLOW DOWN just a bit won't you?
LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!

No comments:
Post a Comment