Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday's Menu

Tonight we tried something new...


I get this magazine about 4 times a year from Kraft.  It has the best recipes in it and usually they are pretty simple.  I tell you what, a good percentage of our dinner menus come from this magazine.  Totally worth a subscription!!  Anyway, this is one that I've been meaning to try and thought this is the week.  I'm sticking to the easy thing here and bought a premade potato salad to go with it... had I felt more ambitious maybe I would have done a home made version.

Here is our finished product:

It was actually really good.  Kind of like a bbq french dip of some sorts  Super easy to make, great for a night you need your dinner to be quick.  The recipe says it makes enough for four sandwiches, but maybe the kaiser rolls I found were huge, it really was enough for two of the size I made above and a small third one.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you shared this. I saw it on Pinterest and pinned it right away. French dips are my favorite kind of sandwich and my attitude about BBQ sauce is pretty much "If I can add BBQ sauce to it, I will!" I cannot wait to try this. It's going on the menu for next week!

The Hodgepodges said...

You will probably love it then. I didn't use Kraft BBQ sauce on it, just our usually Sweet Baby Rays... not sure what kind you use. =)

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor