Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Naps?

Well, I gave it a go.  We tried going without naps for Natalia.  And, well, we failed.  It started Sunday.  Charlie was out of town and by the time I got around to thinking about nap time for Natalia it was almost 2pm.  Time just got away from me, and she wasn't showing any signs of grumpyness.  I had been considering taking it away anyway so I decided to just keep her up.  Not biggy.  Monday she spent the day at Roaring Springs with my mom, brother, sister in law, and her cousin Oli.  I sooo wanted to be there, but with my heat rash still bothering me knew it wasn't the smartest idea.  She did amazing and was such a brave daring little fishy.  So of course she skipped her nap that day as well.  Once home from swimming she did chill out on the couch for about 30 min watching TV and then her second wind hit and she was up and playing.  Then came yesterday (Tuesday) she seemed to do fine without it that nap.  At one point I was wishing and missing nap time oh so badly.  I didn't want her to watch TV all afternoon so I was tyring to come up with things to do to keep us busy.  We painted, we made cupcakes, we played with puzzles... and then we watched TV in Mommy and Daddy's bed for 30 min to just have a bit of down time.  She was go go go all day though.  Then came bed time and she completely melted down and was way over exhausted.  She fought bed time like a banshee and woke up about an hour later with horrible nightmares.  This morning although totally exhausted she was up bright and early.  That's how I know she's way too sleepy, when she goes to bed too late she wakes up super early.  So it's the same principle here, not enough sleep.  This morning we had plans to go to the park with our buddies the Evermans and then lunch with Grandpa Steve at Casa Mexico.  I made the decision right away that she was definitely going to nap today.  Sure enough after playing like crazy and lunch she didn't put up a fight at all to read/sing and be in her bed.  Within minutes she was out cold.  One of the reasons I considered taking it away was because she would play in her crib for so long before finally falling asleep.  So I guess from now on we'll see what our day entails and it will determine if she needs a nap until we are totally ready to phase it out.  =)
Yesterday she, surprise surprise, peed on the couch...grrrr... so the cushions are missing.  She told me she needed a rest and so watched one show like this and was up and going again. 

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor