Sunday, August 12, 2012

Food






Some things we tried this week:

Lemon Garlic Chicken kabobs-
These were pretty good, but mine looked very different then the picture below.  (sorry spaced taking one) Next time I'd probably use less garlic and add some of the lemon juice to the marinade instead of just zest. 


Served with grill potatoes:

We've made these a lot lately.  I love that I can grill them along side whatever else I'm grilling for a quick delish side.  Seriously good and great left over as well.  And, I'm NOT a leftover person.  Not a fan of them in the least.  But these I will eat.

Chicken Tortilla soup- My grandma's recipe.  I blend it up with some avocado in the food processor and it's one of Lydia's very favorite things to eat.  If you are interested in this recipe I'm willing to share but you have to ask for it.  =)

For dinner with my dad this week I just stuck a roast in the crock pot with a ton of BBQ sauce and we made bbq sandwiches.  I cooked up some onions and peppers to put as a topping like in a previous recipe with the bbq sliced roast beef and cheese.  It was very tasty. 

We didn't do much because that darn stomach bug has been making it's way through our house.  Charlie was the last to get it so hopefully he'll be feeling better soon and we can get back on track.

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor