Saturday, July 7, 2012

Weedend Update

Sorry I've been missing this week.  We've been so busy this summer that when I get a minute to sit... it's usually to fold laundry.  ;) 

As far as meals go, the only thing really worth sharing this week is my pork chop marinade recipe.  I got it off Barefoot Contessa again.   She does something totally different with the pork once it's marinated, but I just toss some boneless chops into a ziploc with this Marinade Recipe and refrigerate for a couple of hours.  Then I just grill them up and serve with whatever sides.  It's seriously SOO tasty and my favorite way to eat pork chops.  Natalia is a huge fan as well, which always goes over well here. 

We've been busy with Stroller Strides, Swim classes, and just plain old summer fun around here.  Natalia is pretty much potty trained, WOO!  She had her 3 year old check up on Thursday.  She's just over 30lbs (50%) and in the 65% for her height.  Still the same little miss skinny minnie.  ;)  No shots this appointment thank goodness, she was such a good girl for the appointment though.

Friday Charlie had the day off.  He worked Wednesday the 4th so that he could have Friday off instead.  We wanted to go to the Zoo and thought it would be less busy on Friday.  Natalia loved being at the Zoo and enjoyed all the animals.  It makes me so much more excited for our plan to go to Salt Lake in September (for our anniversary). We want to go to the Hoggle Zoo, which is MUCH bigger then our zoo.  It'll be fun!  I've posted zoo fun pictures in the girls summer album. 

Our 4th was pretty mild.  I took the girls to buy fireworks in the morning and then that evening we had dinner with my mom and family.  We did a few fireworks with them.  Oliver and Natalia were super cute but really didn't like the loud ones.  Lydia was NOT having it and so my mom took her inside.  Poor baby just cried the first time one went off.  We came home and put her to bed so we could do more fireworks with Natalia.  I had intentionally bought ones that were supposed to be quite yet colorful.. HA not so much.  The first one was this turtle that I thought she'd get a kick out of.  Well it made a loud screech right after it went off and I jumped... then I looked over at Natalia who had also jumped back making her chair topple over.  Poor kiddo.  After that she was done as far as fireworks were concerned.  So now we have a few fireworks just sitting on our kitchen counter and we really don't know what to do with them. 

This weekend is going to be a fun but busy one as usual.  Natalia is spending the night at my moms (she LOVES grandma sleep overs) and taking Lydia for a couple of hours.  Charlie is off playing magic and will pick her up around 6pm.  Since I'm going to be kiddoless I thought I'd take advantage of a gift card and get myself a pedicure.  ;) Then I'm meeting up with the girlies for dinner and Magic Mike!  Tomorrow is book club over here.  We just finished The Other Boleyn Girl.  We'll snack, discuss, and then watch the movie as usual.

Anyway, I've been busy uploading pics to Facebook this morning so be sure to check them all out! =)

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor