Monday, July 2, 2012

Adventures in Potty Training

Worst nightmare: 
VERY back of Target and she tells me "Mommy I need to pee in the potty" (she still wears pull ups out and about just in case) Me... hmm should I let her pee in her pull up or attempt this hot mess?  So we RUN as fast as we can with the cart and Lydia in tow back to the front of the store.  What do I do with the stupid cart??  I grab all our stuff and just shove it to the side of the bathrooms hoping no one will take the big box of diapers I had just thrown in there. I'm trying to balance Lydia and the diaper bag  as I put her little foldable Dora potty on the seat and hoist her up onto it.  Almost drop Lydia in the process.  Hot Mess.  She of course doesn't go.  UGH!  Luckily she manged to keep her pull up dry the whole time and went on the potty when we got home. 

Today we went to stroller strides.  Again she's in a pull up.  She's doing so good telling me when she needs to go when we are out that the pull up usually stays dry.  We are about 45 min into an hour long class when she tells me she needs to go.  Again we stop dead what we are doing and RUN as fast as we can across Julia Davis park to get to the potty.  This time I leave Lydia in the stroller and drag the entire thing into the bathroom.  I grab Natalia and the Dora potty and set her up.  SUCCESS!  Small victories my friend, small victories.  ;)  Keep in mind that I ran faster for that then I did the entire class!  I was determined. 

Natalia's Prize for a week without accidents at home:
During that fateful trip to Target we walked through the My Little Pony aisle.  She saw Princess Celestia and Princess Luna and realized she of course doesn't have them.  So we told her if she keeps going on the potty and not in her panties then she will get them.  Accidents away from home are allowed for now just because we aren't always doing our best to be on top of her and remind her.  But she's doing great there too.  I'm keeping fingers crossed that we get to go buy her this this weekend.  ;)

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor