Sunday, July 1, 2012

More Food

Yet another food post.  One of these days i'll get around to posting about our daily lives ha!  So here goes:
Monday: We had dinner with my dad at my brother's house
Tuesday:

I've been awful at remembering to take pictures of our finished prodcuts, but at least you get the idea from the Pinterest pics. AS I said, we LOVE Capresse here.  My little basil plant is enormous and so I'm trying to come up with dinners that need lots of basil.  Anyway, made this and it was SUPER TASTY.  My only issues is I'm really not a fan of tomato seeds or the slimy stuff it comes in.  Usually I like to de-seed my tomatoes when I chop them up for various meals.  So I sometimes struggle with eating sliced tomatoes like this.  I served it with a side salad and we had a nice light dinner that night. 

Wednesday: Taco night with Charlie's family
Thursday:

OMG was this good.  Seriously.  The bacon fat and garlic... wow.  I used chicken tortilinni and fresh basil chopped up with the spinach (instead of dried basil with the rest of the seasonings) But it was so decidant and really yummy.  I went with her suggestions of less lemon flavor just in case and I'm glad I did. 

Friday/Saturday/Sunday:  We ate at my Grandma's a lot this weekend because my Uncle was in town.  One of the family favorites is an El Salvadorian dish that I've talked about before.  Papusas.  SO greasy and so yummy.  I grew up on these things, so I'm used to them.  Charlie didn't really like them before, but does now.  It's an acquired taste I guess. ;)  It's a corn based batter that you smoosh ground up bacon and shredded cheese into and then cook on a griddle like a pancake.  Served with Cortitho (not sure how to spell it really) it's cabage and carrots that's been soaking in vinegar and spices basically.  Grossed out yet?  ;) 

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor