As usual I begin this post with shock that you are already 9 months old. Where has the time gone!! This might be my absolute favorite stage though. You are so animated and talkative now, sleep great, eat great, and just so much fun and full of personality.
At Nine months:
**Gone are the days of sitting you down and you staying put. You are getting more and more mobile. most of the time you lean so far forward from sitting you put herself into a laying position. From there you can scoot to just about anywhere. Not really crawling though. Changing table you immediately flip and think its hilarious. Mommy doesn't think so because you like to kick your leg over the table. I have to be SUPER careful to not look away from you now while up there. We still sit you in the middle of the living room on a blankie to play and you usually end up on your tummy trying to get to something.
**HATE and I mean HATE to be poopy. You will fuss up a storm after you poop until we change your diaper. Which hopefully means you'll be easy to potty train.
**Are such a good sleeper! You are back on track with naps 1/1.5 in the morning and 1-1.5 in the afternoon. And sleeping all night. Sometimes wake up once at night for a few ounces of milk. I can usually predict when you will be waking up though because you didn't drink enough milk throughout the day. (We're still on half breast milk/half formula, should have enough frozen milk to get us to a year old.) I LOVE when we go to put you down for sleep and you grab your blankie and scrunch it up to your face. Seriously the cutest thing.
**Still no teeth, but I swear they are coming. Most of the time you won't take a bottle unless I've put a dab of oral gel on your gums.
**Eating like crazy. Will try anything I give you. We were at Grandma Gladys' house while my Uncle Alex was in town from Maryland. She had make Yucca (a potato like vegetable with the same texture) and I gave Lydia some and she LOVED it. Went to town and kept kicking her legs for more. It's so nice to have a good eater, such a big change from Miss Picky Natalia.
**You are wearing a lot of Natalia's 12 months clothes now. You are such a LONG baby (nine month check up isn't for a couple more weeks and I'm eager to see your stats!) I adore seeing you wear Natalia's hand me downs. I've saved some of my favorites just so I can see you in them and have them be worn again. It makes me sad to think this could be the last time some of these will get used. (who knows what we'll have next time, and if we were to have a boy maybe we'll get another niece???)
**Some of my very favorite times of day is when we are rocking together before naps and bedtimes. It's just so quite and peaceful and you are so very snuggly.
Sweet Baby bug, please don't grow up so fast on me.
I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!


No comments:
Post a Comment