Friday, September 30, 2011

5 years

Happy 5th wedding anniversary to us!!

This picture cracks me up... as a surprise to Charlie I had the DJ play the Star Wars theme song once they pronounced us husband and wife instead of the traditional wedding march. (In case you didn't know he's slightly obsessed with Star Wars). Anyway, this is probably the moment he caught on and I was laughing. Can't believe how fast the last 5 years have gone by...

Tonight we have dinner reservations at one of our very favorite restaurants the Melting Pot. We had originally wanted to celebrate our 5th with a special trip, but got pregnant instead. ;) So we'll go somewhere cool next year. I can't believe how lucky I am to be married to such an incredible person. We have such an amazing life together and I can't wait to see what the next 60 something years brings us. Although it's flying by a little fast now that kiddos are involved. He has been such a great daddy and I love seeing him in action. Lately it's really difficult to bathe Natalia so we've been doing it together... and I LOVE it. It's seriously been my favorite time of day lately. She got over the weird phase of freaking out at bath time when we involved bubbles and now is back to her fun giggly self. It's been a great bonding experience for the three of us and i hope we can continue it as much as possible after Lydia arrives. Also, whenever we go to his sister Steph's house she all the sudden decided she's afraid of their dogs. Don't know why, but it's kinda cute because she clings to Charlie for protection. He made the comment that he likes how she does that... and I do too. It shows she feels safe with her daddy and he's the big strong protector of us. SO CUTE!

After today I feel safe to go ahead with my cleaning I've been putting off hoping that the rest/break would keep labor at bay a little longer. I just really wanted to get in one last date night with my hubby! So soon we will be celebrating with a brand new baby in our arms I hope.

As far as baby news goes:

At my last doc appointment I was still 2cm dilated. I saw a nurse practitioner instead of the doc because she was at the hospital for a delivery. Anyway this same np saw me at my first visit when I got pregnant with Natalia and commented on how narrow my pelvis was. When I got pregnant this second time I saw her my first visit as well and she was shocked I got a 7lb 11oz baby out of my pelvis... then at this appointment she commented again on it and said she thinks it would be better if I got this baby out sooner rather then later. She doesn't want her to be bigger then Natalia was. YIKES! So of course now I'm all stressed out about it and hope I can see my Doc on Tuesday to bring up my concerns, see if she feels the same way. Although I'm still contracting a lot, just nothing consistent, but like I said I've been taking it super easy. I'm so bored with it though!! The house needs to be cleaned but I have been afraid of pushing myself too hard and putting me into labor. I tried vacuuming the stairs yesterday because I'm sick of the boredom and of course contracted like crazy so stopped and sat my tush back on the couch. GRR! Oh well, tomorrow all bets are off and I'm going crazy with the cleaning so she might be here before I even get to see the doc again anyway.

So yeah that's about it for now. This post went from Anniversary to Baby stuff. But such is life!!Love you Charlie!!!

PS- Also, Happy Birthday to my daddy!! Yes, we got married on his birthday... back when we were looking for locations I fell in love with the C.W. Moore Penthouse downtown. I was also very convinced I needed a September wedding... all they had left was his birthday. So I called him and asked him if he wouldn't mind walking me down the isle for his birthday. ;)

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor