36 weeks. Ok so technically I'm not 36 weeks until Sunday... but we're going to have a busy weekend and I want to make sure to get this out there. I'll still do my belly shot Sunday and update with my weekend.
To think that I'm not going to be pregnant much longer is starting to make me sad. Despite my complaints, I've loved being pregnant this time around and have truly enjoyed this special time with Lydia. It's amazing to think that soon she will be here and I won't feel her moving in my belly anymore.
I'm freaking out that she could come any day now. Just when I thought I had a few more weeks, it turns out she might be here sooner rather then later. I'd really like an October baby, but she will decide when it's time I guess. I've been contracting a lot since our hospital visit, and I wear out way too easily. I'm trying really hard not to do too much during the day but I get so easily distracted by my to-do list... I go back to the doc on Tuesday and will be checked again for dilation. Hoping there isn't too much change because then my chances of making it to October are better. ;)
We're ready as far as our hospital bags go, I've made a few frozen dinners that can be popped into the oven... her laundry is done and ready to go as well. I'm not done decorating her room, but have the essentials. I just want to wait to buy the rest of it as I get 20% off coupons. But, other then that I'm not so sure I'm ready. ;) I'm dying to hold her and snuggle her, but to be the mommy of two is a thought that scares me to death.
As far as labor goes, I'm not so scared anymore. I'm excited again for that amazing experience no matter how it happens. When I was pregnant with Natalia I did the usual first time mom thing and wrote out a birth plan. I was totally prepared for things to not go the way I wanted so it wasn't a big deal. But, I did make sure our families knew of my wishes as far as visiting went etc. This time around I'm not so concerned... I haven't written anything down. I do have some thoughts of things I/me/myself would like to do differently this time.
1. I want to labor longer at home this time. I was so anxious and scared to get to the hospital last time we got there too early and spent a good two hours walking/in the tub before they admitted me. I know more what to expect, so I'm hoping to hold out longer this time.
2. Also hoping to hold out longer for the epidural. I got it as soon as I was admitted last time and kept having to have my meds rebolused because I would start to feel stuff... and then I was too numb for pushing. Again, hoping I'm more knowledgeable this time and will handle the contractions a little better. Although, I do still plan on an epidural... I know me and I know I don't have the strength to do this naturally. ;)
3. REST REST REST! Once that epidural is in I plan on resting. Last time, I woke up Monday morning, took a three hour nap in the afternoon, and then was awake solid until midnight Tuesday. I was awake for a good 27 plus hours, not counting the morning of Monday, before I started pushing.... so I was EXHAUSTED to say the least. I should have rested during the day Tuesday after I got that epidural, but I was way too excited. Plus Charlie, my mom, and his mom were there and I felt awkward sleeping with them there. So this time we'll call the moms when we are admitted to put them on notice and then give them a call once it's closer to the time. I am going to force myself to rest this time!!
4. Clean up a little for picture time. ;) This is a little vain, but I hate how I look in my pictures with Natalia. The family picture we took I look so gross and nasty. I don't want that again. I don't care how stupid I look doing it, I'm going to touch up my makeup. He he he. Or at least make sure my mascara isn't smudged and running everywhere.
5. Breastfeeding. Natalia and I had latch issues, so I ended up attempting it for two weeks then just pumping a lot for her for 3 months... by then I had another 3 months supply of milk frozen so I quit. I'm going to give it a much better go this time. I think with a two year old, breast feeding Lydia will be easier then being attached to that pump umpteen times a day. I kinda know better what I need to do to make it easier on us this time, so hoping those little things will be what make the difference this time.
So that's all for now. I'm sure I'll think of more later. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment