So we came home and went straight to bed. I was EXHAUSTED! =) But today feel just fine. I was so worried last night about her coming and me not being ready for it... so today is all about getting those last minute things done that I've been putting off thinking I still had a few weeks. But also trying not to push myself too hard because I don't want to end up back there!! Miss Lydia I would greatly appreciate if you could wait until October to show. That would be great!
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Another night in L&D
Wow, seriously Lydia is anxious to come meet us isn't she?!?!? So Sunday night I kept waking up to some painful contractions... but I was so tired that I was pretty groggy through the night and didn't think too much about it. I had a few throughout the day yesterday but nothing to worry me really. Until 5pm hit. Then they started to come every 10-15 minutes or so. They were getting pretty bad and I was starting to freak out a little. I worked through it though and made dinner for us and put Natalia to bed with Charlie. By this time I was in a lot of pain and thinking if this is labor is it still too soon?? So I called the Doctor and he said to come down and get checked. Being that I was 35 weeks I didn't know if they were going to try to stop labor or just let things go and possibly send me back home to let it progress. So we went ahead and loaded up the car with our hospital bags (luckily I had packed them all up last week) just in case they decided to keep us. My mom came and stayed with a sleeping Natalia and we were off. Once in L&D we were hooked up to machines and sure enough contracting... Lydia's heart rate looked great they said so they just wanted to watch for a bit to see what my contractions were doing. After about 20 minutes the doc came in and checked me, only 1cm dilated. That's about normal for this point in pregnancy so it wasn't really a concern yet. He said we could go ahead and give me something to try and stop the contractions. If it worked they would just send me home, since we lived so close and could be back in a few minutes if need be. If it didn't they would want to keep me over night to try something else to stop them. Luckily that first medicine worked and they watched me for an hour to be sure. We were discharged with instructions that if they came back though we were to come back to the hospital. He also said that if she were to be born now it's not the worst thing, there was just the chance of underdeveloped lungs, poor suck reflex etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment