Sunday, September 25, 2011

36 Weeks Part 2

So, here I am and no baby! Woo hoo. We survived the weekend... so far. Fingers crossed/knock on wood. ;)
Friday night we had dinner with my Dad, my Brother, and his family. We alternate who we have dinner with each week between my dad and mom. Anyway, being that this Friday the 30th is his birthday but we won't see him we decided to celebrate then. I made a chocolate cake and it was fantastic. He he he. Anyway, tons of contractions that night thought I was going to have to start timing them but decided to just go to bed and see if I could sleep it off. It worked and I woke up Sat without a trip to the hospital. Saturday we went to the game. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN! I was soo worried about all that walking and climbing of stairs, but we manged. The game was a blast and I'm glad we went. BSU won 41-21! Of course I was contracting like crazy during the game and the whole walk back to the car. Once home I laid down on my left and drank tons of water, and they slowed down enough for me to go to bed and I woke up this morning just fine again.
So today we just tried to take it easy. We did our usual grocery shopping in the morning and then I had my book club meeting this afternoon. Tonight we had birthday dinner at Charlie's dad's house. He had birthday on Friday. This week will be pretty busy though, Monday we have swim lessons, Tuesday is Stephs birthday and I have another doctor appointment. Friday is our 5 year wedding anniversary and we have reservations at the Melting Pot YUMMY! My ankles are paying for all that walking though, they are a little swollen. Ive been very fortunate with this pregnancy. Not sure if it's because I've been so diligent with my water intake this time around, but I haven't swollen much. I'm even still wearing my wedding/engagement rings! I had to stop wearing them around 30ish weeks last time. Some days towards the evening I have to take them off because I can feel them getting a little snug, but for the most part am still wearing them which makes me happy.
So here is my 36 weeks shot... I don't know why but Charlie has all the sudden forgotten how to use a camera. Seriously, with Natalia he never had an issue with taking my belly shots, but now every time he goes to do it he hold the camera at a funny angle or just doesn't do it right. So anyway, getting a good shot is a little difficult. ;) I definitely feel like she had dropped and that my belly is lower then before...

Before I forget, I wanted to post a couple of things Natalia has done... she peed in the potty finally!!! Yesterday, I needed to pee and asked her if she wanted to come with me and sit on her potty. She agreed and so I sat her on it while I did.... and she peed!!! WOO HOO!! Potty training here we come. Of course I won't focus on it too much since we are oh so close to baby sister's arrival, but I'll keep offering to have her sit on it and praise her like crazy when she pees. I cried tears of happiness and sadness when she went though. I can't believe how grown up it made her seem to me, but so happy and proud that she had done it. Another thing is she has figured out how to put on her sandals all by herself, and most of the time on the right foot. And yet another thing that makes her seem so much more grown up to me.


So next weekend we are officially in October! I'm keeping my hopes up that we make it to October. I think if I were given a choice of date, it would be the 5th. Charlie's grandpa, who is also a Charlie, that's his birthday and I think it would be soo neat if Lydia shared a birthday with him.


So now that I've finally figured out how to download library books to my Nook, I'm gonna go and enjoy some reading while I still can. ;)

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor