So, I know I don't do odd weeks updates. But thought this week deserved an update.
We had a fabulous dinner on Friday!

Saturday morning about 3am I woke up to some really strong contractions, and started timing them. About 3:45am I decided I suck at timing and went downstairs to use a website to time them. They were about 3-5 minutes apart, and it went on until about 5:30am. At that point I decided yes I was in labor! So I decided to go ahead and get in the shower. About 6:30 I woke Charlie and said that I was pretty sure I was in labor and that he needed to get up, shower and eat. We got to the hospital about 7:30am and were taken back to triage. I was checked and I was at 3cm (from 2cm at my appt Wed) and still contracting every 4-5 minutes. Bad news was, the nurse thought Lydia was breach and after an ultrasound confirmed it. BOO HOO! She said the doc would would probably want to stop labor so they could do a version. ** Sure enough he said he did and he didn't feel comfortable doing a version until after 37 weeks. We were 36 weeks 6 days, but that didn't count. UGH! So after some meds and an hour of no contractions we were sent home.
**So we did a Version with Natalia at 37 weeks 6 days. She had been breach my whole pregnancy so the doctor I had at the time kept an eye out for it and at that appointment I was 3cm dilated and she didn't want me going into labor with a breach baby. We went ahead and did it that very afternoon. I went into labor 3 days later, had her on the 4th day. Difference here is Lydia definitely wasn't always breach, but I'm not sure when she flipped. **
Anyway, I was so emotional yesterday and kept bursting into tears. I just couldn't get over the fact that if she had been head down I would probably have been holding her by last night. Now it's all up in the air again. I still have that doc appointment on Tuesday and will be bringing it up to her then as well as my other concerns about her size and my pelvis. Not sure if she's going to want to do a version that day, wait another week, or do one at all for that matter. I'm SOO not looking forward to having to do the version again, let alone go through the hours of labor and heading to the hospital once again... We've done it three times now (two of course were preterm) but still it's getting old. I just hate this unknown and I feel like there are so many more unknowns being added to it. I know it's all worth it in the end and that it will eventually END... but I hate waiting. October is going to be such a busy busy month that I would prefer she came this week anyway.
So now I've been obsessed with reading Spinningbabies.com and doing what it says to try and flip her myself. I look pretty ridiculous doing it as well. But heck if it works and she flips on her own today or tomorrow, then I could go into labor on my own again anytime. Her head would put the pressure on my cervix that her butt can't and would get me to dilate again. I wish I knew what it was about my body that gets my babies to be breach... Sad face.
Ok, so I don't really feel any better now that I've vented to the blogging world... but I have to go clean now. My house seriously needs some attention.

3 comments:
Can you please explain what you are doing to spin the baby? I have all the mental images and I hope they aren't right cause it sounds scary. Turning around in circles really fast??
BOO! I'm sorry she flipped, just not the right time I suppose. At least she gets to cook longer right? I'm so ready to be done too, I sort of wish I was having contractions/dilating like you. I have no idea how far dilated if any I am, my appointment is Tuesday. I will wish us both luck!!
Having just been there- I feel your pain, anxiousness and concern, it will work out but my heart hurts for you in the meantime... You are not alone my friend and sister- if you need a hug, someone to make you cookies or clean your house - I'm just down the road.
Post a Comment