Thursday, October 27, 2011

Two weeks!

Life with a two week old and a two year old...

EXHAUSTING!!

Physically I'm feeling great. I seriously don't feel like I just gave birth two weeks ago. Well, besides the enormungo boobs... ;) The recovery from this baby has gone so much smoother and so much quicker then it did with Natalia. I'm just super sleepy and adjusting to having to get up every 3-4 hours.

Charlie stayed home with us for almost two weeks. He went back on Tuesday and we've been surviving here just us three girls without him. Natalia has done pretty well with just me, with a couple of small melt downs thus far. We even made a quick trip to Babys R Us the other day. We also found out that Charlie actually got two weeks (instead of just the one we thought) of paternity leave through work so he doesn't have to use his PTO for the four extra days he took. So now he's got one more day of paternity leave to use as well!! WOO HOO!

Last night we went to Steve's (Charlie's dad) ceremony to be inducted into the Idaho Technology Hall of Fame. Natalia stayed home with a sitter and we took Lydia with us. She did great and slept the whole time. This was one of the events I was worried about her birth taking place on so it was nice she came early so that I could go! It was a good night and we really enjoyed ourselves. I forgot my camera but others got some good pics so I'll share them when I get them. BTW while at the Grove, where it took place, I was changing Lydia's diaper and her little chord stump fell off. Two weeks to the day. =) Gotta document it! Now we can do a real bath! We've been doing sponge baths, and she seems to like the hair washing part so hopefully she'll be a bath baby like her sister was.

Speaking of pictures, I got the CD of Lydia's newborn pics taken at one week. I posted them under the Lydia Jane album. SO CUTE! Now we just gotta figure out family pics. I wish there was someone who could do the shopping and styling for us... I find it so daunting picking out the right outfits for everyone so that we coordinate but aren't matchy matchy. I think I found cute outfits for the girls, but it took me a long time to find just that. ARG!

Ok, so short sweet and to the point. Keep checking out the albums... even though I'm not writing much I'm still a picture taking maniac!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor