Tuesday, October 4, 2011

And now we wait

To say that I feel better is an understatement....

I hardly slept a wink last night, I was contracting (although nothing consistent) and I was so ready for today's doctor's appointment. I just needed answers and the unknown was getting to me.

Of course my blood pressure was high, and after telling the doctor about our adventures this week she totally understood. She checked me, still 3cm (and she said she wasn't worried at all about baby's size and my narrow pelvis) and yup still breach. So she said she would rather we do the version sooner then later, with a huge smile I totally agreed! So she called over to the hospital and set it up with the on call doc. The same doc that I saw at me 23 and 35 week preterm scares. I was glad it was him because I really liked him and felt better about it being someone I'd met doing the procedure. We were sent off to get some lunch and then checked into the hospital. We got hooked up to the monitors to be sure Lydia was a happy baby, and of course my contractions were showing up. They gave me a shot of tributaline to calm my uterus so that it would work better. He went over the possible complications with me and then did the ultrasound to show where Lydia was laying. I was told to take some deep breaths and he started to turn her. It was crazy! There was a lot of pressure and it was slightly uncomfortable. At one point I almost giggled and she flopped right into place. I thought I had ruined it by giggling and was surprised when he said done! It was so simple and I couldn't stop smiling afterwards. He said he was pretty sure she would stay put, but in the off chance she turned they would just flip her again and then induce me on the spot. Then they monitored us for an hour to be sure she was still a happy baby and that I wasn't about to go into labor.

Now we are home and now we wait. I could go into labor anytime now, and with the pressure her head is putting on me down there I bet it will happen just as fast as it did with Natalia. I feel like the huge weight I've been carrying on my shoulders since Saturday has been lifted.

LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor