Monday, June 17, 2013

Daddy's Day

Happy Father's Day!!  We have two amazing dad's who have set an amazing example to us.  They have done a lot for us and we so appreciate them.

But, let me tell you about the #1 dad in my life.  My handsome hubs, my baby daddy.  Those girls adore him and you can tell it's a mutual feeling.  He told me that if we have another girl he's ok with it because they have turned out to be so much fun.  ;)  We'll see I guess.  So we wanted this to be a super fun Daddy's day.

Unfortunately Natalia woke up at about 3am Sat morning and came to our room.  I walked her right back upstairs and fell asleep in her bed with her.  I had fully intended on letting Charlie sleep in because he gets up with the girls every weekend so I can sleep in.  Natalia foiled my plan though because I didn't hear Lydia wake up so he was up with her at 7am until Natalia and I got up at 8am.  DOH!

Saturday morning we had gone to get donuts so that we could have them for breakfast both days (used to be we would just go mother's day/father's day morning, but now we go on Sat so we can have them both days) and Charlie ran through the drive through of Starbucks for me.  Wooo.  he he he
Natalia gets "coffee" too.  It's just vanilla milk and it's only $1.25 but she loves it!  
Lydia's chocolate face from her donut
Anyway, so after our breakfast we gave Charlie a card and some yogurt covered pretzels.  He had mentioned once how much he loved them and I had no idea.  So I made sure to buy them as a special treat.

After everyone was ready we set off for Big Al's.  They had free bowling for the dads that day.  It was only $6.50 for Natalia and I to bowl (including shoes) since Charlie was free.  AWESOME.  It was our first time to go as a family, thus it was Natalia's first time bowling.  It was sooo much fun and so cute to see her trying to bowl.  Totally perfect Father's Day outing in my book.  Lydia was too small to bowl, but loved it when we held her as we bowled.  She would just smile and giggle as we walked up to the lane.








Yup, Natalia beat me!!  I blame bumpers.  Oh and I did even worse (I'm pretty bad) then usual when I would hold Lydia.


We came home and had a quick lunch and Lydia went down for a nap.  While Lydia napped Charlie took Natalia over to the park to play and try to fly his little toy helicopter.  I guess it crashed pretty early on so they just played.  I got to stay back with Lydia and relax in my recliner while reading (heaven)  it was awesome.

Once home Charlie laid down for a nap.  He rarely gets to nap on weekends because I'm usually the one napping.  ;)  While he rested Natalia and I made him his favorite cookies.  Then Lydia woke up and we waited for Charlie to wake up.

After that we made dinner and ate it with my dad, brother and family etc.  I got to love on baby Dyson some and Natalia was just begging to hold him which was super cute.

Then it was time for his Father's day surprise which was that I'd bought us tickets to go see Man of Steel.  unfortunately he knew about this surprise a few days ago, but when he found out then it was a nice surprise at least right?  So we got to sneak off to a late movie last night.  Thought it was pretty good too.  Didn't think we'd get to see it for a while so it was awesome we got to see it opening weekend.

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor