Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sleep all night!

Well with all my struggles with Natalia and sleeping through the night that first year of her life, I think it's safe to say that Lydia will be my easy baby! =)

Sunday night was her first night her crib. I had been going back and forth as to when to do the change, and it seemed like as good as time as any. I dreaded doing it, and of course it went great. She usually sleeps there from like 8/9pm until 11 when I move her to the bassinet when I went to bed, but that night she fought sleep probably knowing that something was up. Finally about midnight she was asleep and slept until 8:30am!! I of course was up three times to check on her because I am a freak. The second night she slept from 11:00pm-6:00am. And last night she slept from 9:00pm-7:00am!! I got 6 hours of solid sleep last night!!! During the day she hasn't been doing as well in her crib as she was though. She sleeps for like 45 minutes or so and then wakes up and I have to move her to the swing to get her to take a better nap. It's almost like after that first REM cycle she wakes up and can't get back to sleep on her own. I know there are ways to break that habit but I can't remember anything from all the books I read with Natalia. So in the mean time I'll just keep trying. =)

Now Natalia on the other hand... I know I say it's her teeth a lot. But this time I'm really hoping it's teething!! The bumps from her two year molars have been back there a while, but I swear this time they are breaking through. Last week she kept having fevers but no cold/flu symptoms. This week she's all snotty nosed and super sensitive attitude wise. When I feel back there I think I can feel them cutting? I don't know... but it's making her sleep HORRIBLE! She's the one waking up once or twice a night crying. Thankfully last night she slept better. She played in her crib until almost 9pm I think and then was up this morning at 6am, but fell back asleep around 7am. I hate that I can't watch her on the monitor now. She makes funny noises in there and I'm dying to watch her and see what she is up to in there. Stupid monitor! I thought I was being so brilliant having two cameras one on A and one on B and switching the monitor back and forth... yup not so much. Oh well!

Ok, so since I was up early I decided to get that much blogged about... but now it's time to do some dishes and get Natalia up for the day.

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor