WOO HOO more questions to answer. These come courtesy of my SIL Alison...
- if you could be anything in the world (besides/in addition to a mom) what would it be?
There are a few things actually. One was I've always thought I would love to be a wedding/event/party planner. When I planned our wedding I seriously loved it and thought I would get a great satisfaction of doing that for other people. Or even just work in a bridal store, I think that would be fun too. Another one would be, Cheryl and I have been plotting forever that it would be fun to open a salon downtown that was open late hours. Like 9pm at night when you are bored how fun would it be to go get a pedicure? We would have to get a liquor license, but we could offer some fun drinks. And, have some fun packages for like bachelorette parties, birthday parties etc that come in to get glamorous before their night out on the town. How cool would that be? Lastly I would maybe someday like to go back into nursing and get my degree. I loved my labor/delivery nurses and would love to be a part of someone else's special days. Anyway, when kiddos are in school or are grown I might do something along those lines. =)
- How do you find time to maintain your friendships with your single/non parent friends? Is it because you have known each other for ever or is there a secret trick to it?
Ok, so this one is two parts. First off I have a few really good friends that I've known forever (we're talking 12 plus years) and are more then understanding of my life now. When it comes to hanging out they are willing to just come over here and watch a movie with me, or work in an early dinner so I can be home before bed/bath time. The thing is I make the effort to see them and set aside time to see them and in return they make an effort as well. I'm sure if I were to start blowing them off all the time they would stop calling/texting. The second part is that I have a great partner in Charlie. He's willing to be home with the girls so that I can go out to eat or go see a movie with my friends. It's a two way street, I do the same for him so he can go to trivia on Wednesdays or go play poker, or play Magic on a Saturday. As much as I love being a mama I know there's more to me then that and I want to be sure that I maintain it. If that makes any sense.
- What's the one thing you would tell a new mom?
That no matter how hard, lost, tired, crazy you feel those first few weeks... It's all so very much worth it. Enjoy those newborn snuggles while you can because they grow faster then you will be prepared for.
-Who's your fav sister in law? lol, this one's just a joke, you don't have to admit its me :) hehehe
So I can't really answer this one, but I can say this... I'm one lucky girl when it comes to the in law department. You hear these stories of people who hate their in laws. Not me, I love mine oh so much.
Ok, anyone else?? Anyone? Anyone? Please I want more questions to answer!
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i was just looking at something on pinterest about party ideas and thought i bet selena could do that. you could be great as a party/weeding planner
Lets see I can think of some:
What do your weekly menus look like for the family?
Tell me in detail how you coupon through the week. Use binder? Websites (which ones) etc.
When you move do you want to stay in the same place?
When and where do you think your first family vacation (not to see family) will be?
Ever going to get Switch a playmate?
Think thats all.
Post a Comment