YAY I got some questions already (Thanks Sharlee!). I was so excited by it I decided to asnwer them right away. But please keep them coming. This was really fun to do tonight.
You blog a lot about your girls and you love them a lot...you never really complain and I really admire that about you. Is it a philosophy you have or something else?
Ok so this made me blush a little, just because I'm not good at taking compliments and I feel like I do complain a lot. I guess what it comes down to is I know that I am really truly blessed. I have it really good and I don't want to seem like I'm ever ungrateful. Things could be so much worse... and I'm a FIRM believer in things happen for a reason. My family has been through almost losing my nephew to Biliary Atresia and his liver transplant with my brother being the donor. Also my mom had a breast cancer scare, she had the precancerous cells and ended up deciding on a mastectomy to try and catch it all. I hope she doesn't mind me talking about it because it plays a huge roll in my attitude in life. Anyway, it helped me realize life is so very precious and I don't want to take any of it for granted.
What are your thoughts on being a stay at home mom?
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. =) Here's the thing. When I was little I never really walked around saying I wanted to be a dancer, teacher, doctor etc when I grow up. I said I wanted to be a mommy. (I had three Cabbage Patch dolls and I would save my money to buy them clothes at garage sales and newborn diapers at the store he he he) I knew that was my future. Here comes the blessings thing... I know that I have the very best job in the world. I know that without Charlie working so hard everyday I wouldn't have the opportunity to be home with the girls. So although I'm dead exhausted some days, Natalia's melt downs are trying on my very last nerve, or I'm just so overwhelmed I can't stand it... I know that this will pass and the good days outweigh the bad days. And that someday when they are teenagers and hate me I'll long for those moments. ;) It was always a part of our plan for me to be a stay at home mom, Charlie and I talked about it before we started trying to have babies. BTW, I totally don't have anything against moms who work. If we weren't in the position we are in and I had to work I would do it. I think you do what is best for you and your family... a stay at home mom is no better then a working mom and vice versa. We all just do the best we can do and as long as your child(ren) know they are loved that's all that counts.
Do you have to work to stay thin (sorry if this is inappropriate but you look good and you never really talk about it too much and I just wonder how you do it!)
I am genetically blessed to tell you the truth. I should post a picture of my mom and dad some time. My mom is a size 2 after two kids and eats like there is no tomorrow. I don't exactly have her metabolism, but I got a decent representation of it. My dad is super tall so I got his heigth. Anyway, I think the trick for me though is as much as I love junk food and unhealthy food I love healthy food just as equally. I gained almost 50lbs with Natalia and it took me a good 15 months to lose all the weight. Because I had a two year old to chase around/lift all the time this pregnancy I only gained 32lbs and have about 3lbs left. My idea of working out is going for walks with the girls in the stroller, I'm horrible about actually working out. I'm so ready for it to be nice weather again so we can get outside to play, swim, and walk. Oh and this is just as much a curse as it is a blessing. I saw some pictures of me back from freshman year of college... holy cow I look anorexic. It's disgusting. And I swear I wasn't, I love food way too much to not eat it or to throw it up. (PS- I hate throwing up so very much so morning/all day sickness was really hard on me) So I'm completely content with my extra 3lbs, I never want to look that gross and sickly again.
You could always tell us a little more about Charlie...I love those kinds of posts too!
Let's see here, Charlie.
Charlie is a huge dork/nerd. But, that's why I love him, I'm a huge dork too. He loves to play poker and Magic the Gathering (google it, nerd alert) ;) Our under the stairs closet is packed with boxes and boxes of Magic cards and Comic books. And he knows exactly where everything is in each of those boxes. He's extremely smart and I've got my fingers crossed that our kids get that from him. He's hilarious and makes me laugh constantly. He's obsessed with Star Wars. Although he loves his girls dearly and is such a good daddy I hope we have a boy someday for him to bond with. Natalia adores him and I love how happy she is to see him when he gets home from work. He is an electrical engineer for a company called M2M that was bought last year by Enernoc. His dad owned the company and retired after the sale. He seems to like his job, but I know part of it is he really likes his coworkers. He's extremely honest and sometimes doesn't have a filter because of it. But you always know where you stand with him because of it. He's very family oriented which is another reason our marriage works so well. We spend lot of time with each of our families throughout the week and I couldn't be married to someone who didn't want to do that. He puts up with me and my crazy. He's sane where I'm a worry wort. He's practical where I'm not. He'd do aything for me and the girls and all he wants is for us to be happy. He is really and truly my better half.
Ok, so I didn't mean for my answers to get so lengthy but I had a lot to say. =)
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That part about Charlie made me cry. lol, not sure why. it's nice to see him find such a great match in you. Even those he's my big brother and can drive me crazy sometimes, mostly for being picked on (hehehe), it's fun to see him through your eyes every once in a while. :)
Here are some more questions for you :)
- if you could be anything in the world (besides/in addition to a mom) what would it be?
- How do you find time to maintain your friendships with your single/non parent friends? Is it because you have known each other for ever or is there a secret trick to it?
- What's the one thing you would tell a new mom?
-Who's your fav sister in law? lol, this one's just a joke, you don't have to admit its me :) hehehe
Post a Comment