I feel it wouldn't be New Years Eve without a resolution post, so here goes.
I'm usually not so great about keeping resolutions except for one year. The year we wanted to get pregnant with Natalia we knew that we were going to encounter some massive costs in hospital bills because I had a really high maternity deductible at the time. So I was determined to curb my spending and save as much as possible. I don't know that I did that amazing at it, but we did mange to save up enough to pay off the deductible before I got pregnant so I guess it worked right?
So anyway, here are my resolutions for 2012:
1. Get Natalia potty trained! I haven't been pushing this too hard with all our changes around here but boy would I be happy to not have to change two diapers!! Today was a GREAT start. She has her little potty in our downstairs bathroom. Occasionally she'll ask to sit on it and she gets to play with rubber stamps and ink while she's there (our new incentive that at least gets her on the potty even if she doesn't go) Then today I put batteries in Natalia's potty and pushed the button to make it sing, telling her that if she goes pee pee in it it will sing for her. Two minutes later I'm in the kitchen going through our mail and I hear it go off. I'm thinking that stupid thing is sensitive and just going off so I'm going to have to turn it off. Then I realize Natalia is not in the living room playing anymore.... low and behold I walk into the bathroom to find her with her tights and diaper down and she has PEED!!! WOOO HOOO! I couldn't stop giggling and praising her I was so caught off guard! Potty training here we come!!
2. Loose the last of my baby weight, but not just that get a little fit. I'm so lucky that I really only have a few pounds left of baby weight. But, with my stopping pumping soon I won't be burning the massive amounts of calories anymore. I know that if I try to say I'm going to work out so many days a week it won't happen. So instead I want to say that 3-4 times a week I would like to do SOMETHING active. Most likely if it's decent out bundle the girls up and go for a walk since that's the most enjoyable. If not, at least do the elliptical for 20-30 minutes. I don't want to have to restrict my diet because I love good and bad food equally, so some sort of exercise seems to be the answer.
3. And again, save money. We are sooo very fortunate to not have any debt right now. As of the beginning of the month the house, the cars, everything is paid for. So realistically we should start to be saving massive amounts of money right now. I want a new house, sooner rather then later would be great. If I'm good about my spending and we stick to a budget... sooner rather then later we'll have a nice little down payment on a house. ;) Charlie is all for this one so I know this one will be easy to do. He doesn't care about the new house part as much as I do, but he does like the idea of saving lots of money!
4. Take two trips. One would be to Texas at some point to visit Charlie's family and introduce them to Lydia. We've managed to go pretty much once a year since we got married so gotta stick to that! =) Charlie and I have also been talking about taking a cruise, hopefully in April. It would be between our birthdays and would make up for not going anywhere on our 5th wedding anniversary last year. Thinking possibly Western Caribbean since we did Eastern for our honeymoon. Either way I'm excited but also scared to leave both girls for that long! =)
So I think that's it. Don't want to set too many resolutions.
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment