So let's see here...
Miss Lydia is now 7 weeks old. She started smiling and cooing last week and I LOVE IT!! Makes the exhaustion all the sudden go away. ;) Because she was breach the pediatrician wanted to have an ultrasound done of her hips to be sure everything developed correctly, that was done today and of course she's totally fine. I'm just glad to have pediatrician who does things like this, unlike the one we had with Natalia at first. We have her 2 month check up the week after next and I'm excited to see how much bigger she is since our last appointment. I was looking at a picture book i made for Natalia when we went to Iowa when she was 8 weeks old. It seemed like Natalia was soo much bigger then Lydia is now. Natalia was soo chubby and Lydia just doesn't seem to be chubby at all, even though she was a bigger baby at birth. Lydia loves to be swaddled super tight. Charlie calls it the straight jacket because I bundle her arms a certain way so she can't break out. If she's slightly loose she just wiggles and won't settle down into deep sleep. Funny because by this time Natalia wasn't being swaddled anymore because she would break out of it so much. I guess we shall see how long Lydia wants to be swaddled!
Miss Natalia will officially be two and a half tomorrow! Her newest funny little habit is that she wants to be fed like Lydia. She'll act like she can't pick up her sippy or will ask for it but not pick it up herself... because she wants us to pick it up and feed it to her like a bottle. It's a little silly but still cute. She's done so well with our Christmas tree and has only pulled off one decoration one time. I was so worried about having it out in the open like this but she is doing great... knock on wood! Today she "helped" me wrap presents, I love that she is getting into it this year. This is my absolute favorite time of the year (like I haven't said that a million times he he he) anyway, I guess I'm rubbing off on her. And, it's only going to get worse as she and Lydia get older I'm sure. (Sorry Charlie!) Oh my gosh I almost forgot to mention her new obsession with Rudolph! It started with the song, she would say "more sing" during our night time singing and I added it to our songs. Charlie recorded the movie the other day and she wasn't interested at first, but she watched it today and loved it. She started referring to a pair of Christmas PJ's as her Rudolph jammies. So fun!
I'm finally starting to feel like maybe I can handle this new life of ours. I still get frustrated and overwhelmed easily, but I feel like it's happening less often then it was. Today I didn't want to put my super snugly baby bug down but really wanted to get started on wrapping Christmas presents while Natalia was asleep. So I stuck Lydia in my Ergo and got my snuggle on at the same time as wrapping. I keep forgetting to use that thing at home (not just out and about) it seriously was a life saver this afternoon once Natalia woke up. I also feel like Lydia is starting to get into a schedule during the day, which has helped me to plan out our mornings so I don't feel like I've spent all my time feeding/pumping. It's great because we've been able to get out of the house and do things, or even just stay home but get some things done around the house. Here's hoping it just keeps getting better and better.
So this week I got hooked on the Hunger Games trilogy. I kept hearing things about them and had put off reading them. Then I saw a preview for the first movie and decided it was time to finally get to it. Boy were they addictive, I finished all three books in less then a week!! Luckily my SIL had put them on my Nook so they were all right there for me. I would be pumping in the middle of the night, dead tired, and I would have to force myself to put it down instead of reading for just 5 more minutes. I'm so excited for the movie to come out now. Sadly this die hard Twilight fan has found a new love. ;)
Ok, I'm going to stop there. I'm excited for sooo much going on this upcoming month, so stay tuned! (PS I as usual have added a few pics here and there to the girl's albums, but have started a new album for Christmas so check that one out often. I posted a few picture of the house in it already.)
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment