Ok, where did I leave off??? Oh yes cookie baking.
Thursday the 22nd was the Las Vegas Maaco Bowl with BSU. We WON! Sadly I didn't get to see much of the game because I was taking care of the girls mostly. But it was still a fun evening with lots of yummy food to snack on. I stayed up way to late that night, and it was the first night Lydia slept amazing in her sleep sack. BOO HOO!
Friday the 23rd was our Christmas with Debra. I honestly can't remember what we did most of the day because I was soooo exhausted, but I do remember not being able to sneak a nap in bummer. =) Anyway, we went to Grandma Debra's house after nap time. We had some delicious soup and various other goodies to snack on and then began the present opening. She went nuts on not only the two oldest but the babies as well. The girls were seriously spoiled! But, Natalia was so much fun to watch. She totally got into it and just opened her presents and got so excited with each one. Her favorites are her my little pony tent, her new my little pony's, and her purple lady bug pillow pet. When she opened her Christmas Eve horse PJ's her first words were, "neigh"! SOOO CUTE. She immediately put them on and didn't take them off until I bribed her with a sucker to put on her Christmas dress the next night. =) I got some awesome BSU PJ's which I love. We got some great pics of the kiddos in the pj's too. It was a great night!
Saturday the 24th, Christmas Eve. Charlie had to run out and do his usual last minute stocking shopping for me. ;) We took it easy most of the day and Natalia got to enjoy playing with her new toys. I was able to get a good nap in that day as well. (BTW my sinus pressure was building up at this point. I felt like I had a massive sinus headache that just wouldn't go away. I kept telling Charlie that my head hurt. I didn't think it was an infection though because it didn't throb like my infections usually do) Anyway, we got all ready and went to dinner at my aunt's house. Christmas Eve has always been my mom's thing and we have done a huge dinner with everyone since I was little and everyone moved here from El Salvador. Always involves lots of food and presents for the little ones. It's so fun to have all the little ones together and watch them play. (I remember when my brother and I were the "little ones" he he he) Two of Natalia's favorite people, Nana and Ky (Briana and Kyle) were there as well. They gave her a cute little stuffed penguin that she just adores. We got her home and to bed pretty late, so we got a late start on her Santa gift. And, that stupid toy chest gave Charlie a run for his money but it turned out great. We also stacked the rest of her gifts into it just for fun.
Sunday the 25th Christmas Day!! We had to be at Steve's house bright and early so I woke Natalia up to get us going. We had a few minutes so we decided to have her open her gifts. She loved the toy vacuum I got her (she used her lawn mower to pretend to help me when I would vacuum) and started trying to vacuum up her wrapping paper mess. When Charlie asked her in the car what her favorite present was, she said "Cinderella" without hesitation. So I'm glad I got her the doll. Then we went to Grandpa Steve and Cece's house. They fed us a delicious breakfast of french toast, eggs and bacon. (found out that the stomach bug that had hit the Hubert household had been passed on the Steph) Then more presents. GEESH we are spoiled. I got a new peacoat, and as if that wasn't enough I also got new tennis shoes! Natalia got her new big girl car seat. In a few months I'll switch Lydia to the brown and pink convertible car seat Natalia was using since it can face backwards, but thought might as well get Natalia's new seat now. She loves it, and I love that she can't kick our seats as easily for now. Charlie got a fun remote controlled helicopter and all the Harry Potter's on Blue Ray, Lydia got a BSU jersey and a Longhorns shirt. We all pitched in and got Steve an XBox and Kinnect system, so the rest of the morning was spent playing on that. We came home for naps and then it was off to Derek and Ashlee's house for Christmas with my dad. Ashlee made us a yummy dinner of ham and potatoes, and I didn't get to enjoy it that much because I was starting to feel a little icky. My dad got Natalia this super cool kit from Cabellas that has a little doll and a horse. She LOVES the horse. If you can't tell she's all about horses right now. After some play time we headed home... but I just had to stop and see this street in a subdivision near their house. A bunch of the houses got together and timed their lights to music. It's AMAZING! Go to YouTube and search for Lochsa Falls crazy Christmas lights. It's their display from last year, just to give you and idea. That only shows one song too, and they do multiple. We sat there for a good 20 minutes to watch and left before it was done I'm sure. I got Natalia out of her seat and put her on my lap to give her a better view and she was mesmerized. It was awesome. I told Charlie he better start to get into this stuff because it's obvious our daughter is going to love Christmas as much as I do!! We got home and put the girls to bed. I went to bed pretty early because my head was killing me and I thought I was going to throw up, realizing that the bug probably hit me too.
Monday the 26th, I felt pretty awful. My stomach felt a little off still, but my headache was out of control. So I went into Primary Health and saw a doctor. Of course it was a sinus infection and I got some antibiotics. My mom had the day off and had wanted the girls, so despite being sick I wanted to take advantage of having babysitting. So Charlie and I went to lunch and then went and saw Mission Impossible 4. It was nice to get out of the house just the two of us during the day! I also ran to the grocery store to pick up a few groceries for the week. Luckily we had told my family that we'd postpone family dinner since we just saw them on Christmas because I felt awful that night. I ended up getting very little sleep with so many runs to the bathroom (TMI) and of course it was another night Lydia slept great. One of these days we'll get our nights aligned.
Anyway, I'm feeling much better now. Last night Natalia woke up twice though (again a night Lydia slept great doh) burning up! I gave her some Tylenol and got the fever to come down. This morning she was all mopey and when I checked her temp it was 100.3. So more Tylenol it was! She's playing just great now though so I think it's safe to say she's feeling better. Here's hoping that Lydia and Charlie are spared of any illness!!
Lydia turned 11 weeks yesterday! This is my last week with her in the bassinet, I'll probably be moving her to the crib this weekend. She actually starts out in the crib around 9:00pm and then when I go to bed I just bring her into our room. I'm sure if I just left her there one night she'd be ok but I'm just not ready!
Ok, I think that's it for a Christmas post... be sure to check out all our fun pics!
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment