Today Lydia had her two month check up with her pediatrician. She is 10lbs 14oz (50%) and 22 3/4in long (50%) and her head is in the 75%, me and my big headed babes! What's so funny about that is I thought Lydia was so skinny compared to Natalia at two months, but Natalia must have just been super chubby in the face because she was 10lbs 8oz and 23in at two months, so lighter and longer then Lydia. She is out of newborn clothes and diapers now. Made me sad to put away those adorable outfits once again. Shew got three shots today and it was heart breaking. I have't seen tears come out yet when she cries, but today she let them loose and they were gigantic. Trying to put Natalia down for her nap was a nightmare!! Lydia was freaking out, poor baby,and Natalia being exhausted melted down because Lydia was getting extra attention. UGH!!
I’m having sort of a moral/mommy dilemma. See with Natalia I had her sleeping in the bassinet next to me until she was 11 weeks old. Well, lately I’ve come to notice that Lydia sleeps sooo much better in her crib then anywhere else. During the day she used to sleep in her boppy chair where ever I Put it, be it downstairs with us, in her room while I was pumping, or in my room while I showered etc. Well, I slowly started to introduce the crib because I waited too long to do that with Natalia and she hated it at first. But, Lydia seems to like it. We’ve got a pretty solid schedule created already, a good morning nap and a good afternoon nap, both in her crib of course. (She takes a third after dinner before we all go to bed, but I’m not ready to give that one up to the crib just yet, that’s Charlie’s/Mine special snuggle time with her since Natalia is asleep then) So now I’m debating on if I should move her to the crib at night too??? UGH! I hate the idea of her not being next to me and I know I will fret about it whether she is 9, 11, or 20 weeks old… but I feel bad moving her so early into the other room. Also, I can only watch one kiddo at a time on our video monitor. I like watching Natalia since she is still in her crib so that I’ll know when she decides to try and climb out of it. But if I move Lydia to her crib I’ll definitely want to watch her. So funny story about this. Sunday night/Monday morning 4am, I was up feeding Lydia. When I go to lay her down in the bassinet I usually turn on the monitor to check on Natalia. Low and behold the kid had taken her jammies off and was just in a diaper curled up in a ball in her crib. I felt so bad for her thinking she must be cold! But, I didn’t want to wake her up to put them back on. I went in there and luckily was able to slip them on with only the slightest disturbance and she went right back to sleep thank goodness. Silly girl. Now I’m afraid she’s going to keep doing that and I won’t be able to see if she’s cold unless I go in there to check on her and if she’s already awake then I won’t be allowed to leave her room without some singing/snuggling. Another reason the monitor is nice to have. Oh the decisions!
I’m also suffering a bit of mommy guilt because I swore up and down I’d make the same efforts with Lydia that I made with Natalia. Such as photo taking, Natalia was a well documented baby and I didn’t want Lydia to look back and see less pictures of herself. I’m not doing as great as I would like, but it could be worse! I’m more worried about documenting everything else. With Natalia I had a word document saved on the computer called Natalia’s Journal, and I wrote out everything. Every milestone every little detail and date. I haven’t done that for Lydia… I mean I write everything down here so that counts right? Hopefully she won't resent me some day for it.
I’m also suffering a bit of mommy guilt because I swore up and down I’d make the same efforts with Lydia that I made with Natalia. Such as photo taking, Natalia was a well documented baby and I didn’t want Lydia to look back and see less pictures of herself. I’m not doing as great as I would like, but it could be worse! I’m more worried about documenting everything else. With Natalia I had a word document saved on the computer called Natalia’s Journal, and I wrote out everything. Every milestone every little detail and date. I haven’t done that for Lydia… I mean I write everything down here so that counts right? Hopefully she won't resent me some day for it.
Natalia has been super funny lately. Her new obsessions include the movie Up, and wearing PJ’s as much as possible… and on the occasion that she does where clothes she likes to pick them out herself. She’s a very stubborn opinionated two year old when it comes to her outfits. It’s funny to see what she thinks matches and goes together. I’ve been taking pictures of some of her more awesome outfit choices. =) She has decided that she LOVES spending the night at my moms house and just about had a melt down at my Grandma’s house on Sunday when she realized I was taking her home. She kept saying NO go to Grandma’s house! It was too funny.
Well BSU did it again. They are going to the Las Vegas Maaco Bowl vs. Arizona. Charlie wanted to go again, but with our doing Christmas early with his mom we just couldn't make it happen. So instead we will have a few friends who will be in town for the holidays come over to watch the game. It'll be fun. And even though we just joined the Mountain West Conference we'll be changing Fall 2013 to the Big East,which will hopefully give us a better shot at a bigger bowl game.
This weekend we are doing a sibling date night with Charlie's sisters and their spouses. We used to rotate who we had each year for Christmas, for example, last year we had Ali, Jeff, and Adam (Jocelyn wasn't born yet). This year we have Steph, John, and Cypress. Well we all decided to keep the rotation but to give just the kiddos a gift. And for the adults to just go out together one night kid less. Fun huh? So this weekend we're going to dinner and to see Sherlock Holmes. Should be a good time.
Ok, long enough post for today. Now to snuggle my sad little baby bug.

2 comments:
My mom used to put our pajamas on backwards, zipper on our backs so we couldn't unzip them.. Good idea :)
Hope you enjoy your holidays!
It was super hard just like you explained, but all three of my girls slept better in their cribs and so I transitioned them all at 8 wks old. It of course is hardest on us, but after the first couple of nights of getting up just to check on them I soon realized they were fine and that holy cow they were sleeping through the night. By night of course I mean like 10 or 11 until 5, which was awesome!! I know it's hard not to have them right by you, but if Lydia likes her crib from the start...TAKE ADVANTAGE and just do it because it will make life so much easier later on. I hope that helps!!
Post a Comment