Sunday, July 31, 2011

28 Weeks- Third Trimester!!

Zip-eh-dee-do-dah! We are on the last leg of our journey! I can't believe in 12 short weeks I will be snuggling that precious face and giving her nose kisses. I feel as though now that I know what to expect of labor and delivery I'm really not scared of it like last time. Although towards the end I was so ready to be done with pregnancy that I just wanted to get on with the show. This time no fears, just excitement... I know in the end we get that beautiful baby girl. =) This week Lydia weighs about two and a quarter pounds, like a Chinese cabbage, and measures about 14.8in. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see light filter in through my belly. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for the life outside of my belly. I'm supposed to be doing kick counts for the doc now. I have to lay still and see how long it takes Lydia to kick/move 10 times. She's sooo active though it usually takes about 10 minutes and not the usual hour my sheet suggests. I swear this little girl is so much more active in my belly then Natalia was... maybe she's making up for all that time I could barely feel her with my anterior placenta. He he he, but no seriously she is a mover and a shaker and I love it.



So in the pink is me at 28 weeks with Natalia... in the blue is 28 weeks with Lydia... just a little side by side comparison. =) My belly button for one is freaky now.



















I've officially begun nesting. I swear with Natalia I never got that nesting urge. Every once in a while I would see something that needed to be done and would just clean it. Yeah, it would be unusual things like cleaning out the fridge and then washing all the shelves... but it wasn't the overwhelming feeling that all these things; A,B, & C etc. need to be done ASAP and I want her room done ASAP! It's insane how much I want to do and get done and we still have three months as Charlie keeps reminding me. I get we have lots of time but this URGE is pushing me to do it now!! At least he is indulging me though and we've been super productive this weekend. By the end of today our rearranging of furniture will be done, the crib will be built, and her room will be officially ready for decorating. I'm so excited to have it all done. I'm also super exhausted from doing so much Friday and yesterday. BUT, I love being so productive.... such a nice change from being so lazy these last few months! Friday I manged to get all three bathrooms cleaned, along with a few other things around the house. I also made it to Hobby Lobby and bought fabric to make a nursing cover and a cover/canopy for Lydia's car seat. Plus some wooden flowers to paint to put up on her walls.(fabric on the left is for the car seat cover/canopy and the fabric on the right is for my nursing cover, I'll do after pictures as well.)
So now that we've got things moved all around and I have my sewing table back I need to just sit down and do it. Yesterday while all this massive overhaul of furniture was happening Natalia was at my aunt's house playing with my cousins. So I decided to get myself a pedicure during this too. =) Love getting my feet pampered and it's nice because i can barely reach those piggies. When Natalia was born I had bought this super cute hat at a store downtown that she wore while in the hospital, it was a knit white hat with a butterfly on it and I loved it. I got all sorts of compliments on it at the hospital and it was so unique. So I wanted to run downtown to see if I could find another one for Lydia to have during her stay. Of course the store I bought it at is now closed, and the other baby specialty store down there was just meh. I'll find something I'm sure but I was bummed about it. While there I took a stroll over to the BSU store and found some goodies though!! I got the girls matching dresses for the fall and myself a shirt I wanted ages ago!! Back when we first found out I was pregnant I so wanted the Future Bronco (with the arrow pointing to my belly) maternity shirt... I wanted to wear it around to announce it to our families but of course they didn't have it. So I just figured they were done carrying it. Well, I found it again. So excited to sport that shirt around for the next three months! So it looks like we will get two chances to celebrate this baby girl. I seriously am speechless at the generosity of our families. I just assumed another girl meant no showers, we have pretty much everything already. yeah some of the clothes will be off season based on her size, but no biggy. But, we get to have a coed bbq at Steph's house at the end of August and my aunts are throwing me a traditional shower mid September. SOO EXCITED! Lydia does deserve her own celebrations as well, she's just as special right? We're putting on the invites that Natalia's excited to share her things with her baby sister so people know I'm not expecting gifts. So I hope that people don't think I'm tacky... I hear a lot of that on Babycenter, that it's tacky to have a shower after your first.







Speaking of our first born. This little girl is growing up WAY TOO FAST! I know I'm biased but I think she's so smart. She can count to ten, and is already learning her ABC's. Her new favorite show is My Little Pony, she is obsessed with horses right now. She also does the pretending to sleep thing. She grabs pillows, blankies, a towel, anything soft really and will lay her head down and "snore" it's so cute. When I ask her about baby sister she will point to my belly or say mama's belly. We moved the changing table out of her room into Lydia's room and in that empty space we put a small bookshelf with all her books in it. (we scored big time at the neighborhood yard sales last weekend, everyone was selling books for a quarter so we bought a ton!) Anyway, she loves having her books at eye level now. I really hope that all this reading to her will help pass on our love of reading. Her sleep schedule is finally back on track. Sleeping 12 hours a night, usually 8-8 and a good two hour nap during the day. No more waking up screaming, back to her happy babble in the crib. Thank goodness!! Those canines gave us a run for our money there for a bit, but they are all broken through now so I think life is good for her again. She's not quite ready for potty training, but she is one step closer. She comes to me and alerts me when her diaper needs changing... especially if it's a "stinky poopie." =) So now I've been working on helping her know the difference between a wet diaper and a poopie diaper, I guess that's another sign. We have her sit on her potty before bath time but she never actually goes in it... so someday soon we'll get it done. Probably not before baby sister comes though so I'll probably be changing two diapers, oh well.

Well, I think that's about it folks. Sorry it turned out so long!!

2 comments:

Alison said...

i think it would be cute if they both came home in the same hat. could make it a sort of tradition. all your baby girls coming home in the same hat. :)

Jeni said...

I just saw a cute idea to call a baby shower for the 2nd baby a baby sprinkle instead since you'll have most of the big stuff. I definitely don't think it's tacky, I think each baby deserves some kind of celebration :) plus most people like to buy baby stuff, especially for girls.

I bet Natalia will be potty trained before Lydia comes. Girls are so easy to potty train! I just started to potty train Lexi last wednesday and she's completely done now. She even sleeps with her big girl panties on. and she's only 2 months older than Natalia :) but I know 2 other littles girls who were potty trained the month they turned 2.

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor