Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bye bye Bibi

So day one of no more binky has come and gone. And boy was it tough! Charlie left for Boston bright and early this morning and won't be back until Thursday afternoon. I figured this would be the time to get rid of that darn binky once and for all. Seriously that thing is down to less then half an inch nub and she still asks for it. Not so much during the day, but as soon as nap time/bed time happen she wants it. Most of the time as soon as she's asleep it falls out and she forgets about it, but once and a while she'll wake up looking for it and freak out when she can't find it and I have to go in there to find it. I'm hoping with it gone she'll sleep that much better. This morning I gathered the three we have left and hid them when she was watching her morning cartoons. All day went fine without them and then it was nap time. She didn't ask for it until I was actually laying her down and I just went about business. She cried for 4 minutes and then was out cold. She slept for a solid hour and a half but woke up pissed at the world. It took a good couple of hours for her to come out of her cranky mood, but then she was fine the rest of the evening. We had pizza for dinner and watched a movie before bed. I started bed time a little early tonight thinking we were in for a long night. Thank goodness I did because she cried for almost 30 minutes (off and on) for her bibi. It's heartbreaking having to sit here and hear her, but I know I need to be strong. I went back in there after 30 minutes and comforted her. She again asked for bibi and I said that bibi was gone and she needed to be a big girl. She was not happy with that, but when I told her she needed to go night night and get some rest so she could go play with Adam tomorrow she totally calmed down and relaxed. I sang another song to her and reminded her to get her rest to go play with Adam and she laid back down in her crib without a peep! We'll see how she does over night and first thing in the morning when she realizes it's gone again. Fingers crossed that she'll sleep for me, I'm pooped!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

i love using playtime with cousins as motivation to get things accomplished. best of luck with the training

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor