Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July Madness

OMG. Seriously, can we catch a break? We have had the worst luck with Mon night/Tue mornings the last couple of weeks. What will next week bring?
First off, we had a really nice quiet weekend/4th of July. Just took it easy, hung out around the house, grocery shopped, playing with Natalia etc. On Monday we all went outside and had some fun with Natalia's little splash pool. http://youtu.be/hpBIh3qYy-M Stupid blogger isn't letting me upload videos still, and I have no idea how to embed it from youtube, so there's the link. At one point she realizes she can see her face in the camera screen, so she says that's yaya's face. That's how she says her name. TOO CUTE!
We had decided to not go to a bbq or anything that day and just be lazy. It was actually pretty great. I spent about $5 in fireworks just to give us something to light for Natalia. We took them over to Charlie's sister's house to do. She got a little pool too and wanted the kiddos to come test it out. Natalia was all about the ones that lit up and did bright colors, but hated the sparklers. Oh well, we tried right? So we came home and put the kiddo to bed. Nothing out of the ordinary about her diet all day.
Well about 12:00am hits and she wakes up crying. I had probably only been asleep for 45 minutes, takes me forever to fall asleep now a days. Anyway, I go in there to see she's sitting up (normally with nightmares she's still lying down, so I was confused) I reach in for her and come across the huge pile of puke! GROSS! Poor thing had puked all over her crib. So I go to grab my glasses and wash my hands, wake Charlie so he can change bedding while I get her cleaned up. She has never puked solid food before so she was pretty frightened by the whole ordeal. So after all that I get her calmed down and sing to her and put her back to bed. Not 45 minutes later, we do it all over again. Puke, cry, clean up, sing etc. 45 minutes go by and repeat. So three bedding changes later, I'm wondering if this is going to end. She cried again, but this time no puke so I just brought her into bed with us thinking maybe she's just frightened and needs the extra snuggle time. She started asking for water so I got up to get her a sippy and while I was gone she puked again in our bed and on Charlie! So another bedding change. UGH! So I go and rock her in her glider (which doesn't recline so it's really uncomfortable for me to try and sleep in while she sleeps) she finally fell asleep and I stayed like that for probably an hour and a half to almost two hours. I drifted and head bobbed a little so not really sure how much sleep I got there. Once I was sure she was out and not going to puke again I laid her in her crib and went to sleep in our bed. Got about an hour and a half of sleep then, and she was up for the morning at 7:30am. Thankfully we had her two year wellness check already scheduled with the pediatrician that day. She wasn't hungry that morning, of course, but was asking for milk. So stupid me gave it to her. On the way to the doctor's appointment she of course puked that up in the car. Poor baby just started crying and crying because her tummy hurt and then all of it came up, and more crying because she probably hated how it felt. UGH! So I pulled over into a church parking lot and get her cleaned up as best as I could with wet wipes. Luckily I had packed extra clothes in my emergency diaper bag I keep in the car so I had some fresh clothes for her. The doc said she of course had a stomach bug and after checking her ears a double ear infection. Mom of the year award goes to me, for not noticing my daughter had ear infections! UGH! This poor kids gets them all the time, I know it's partially the binky... and probably a little bit to do with swimming lessons now. About a month ago she was a little snotty from cutting her canines so, it probably started there. Oh well. We decided to hold off on doing any shots until she's over this yuckiness. She weighs 25.9lbs (25%) and is 34 3/4in tall (60%) tall and skinny as usual. We got a prescription for meds and headed home.
Once home we just snuggled and watched Toy Story. She took about an hour nap, but that was it. I was EXHAUSTED by this point. She would feel a little bit better off and on, and I manged to get dinner made but just barely. She was not happy that mommy wasn't snuggling with her. During dinner she decided to get in her head that she wanted to go bye bye. She just started crying bye bye. It wasn't a melt down type of cry, it was more of just a sad not feeling well type of cry. I was holding her eating my dinner and trying to comfort her. Eventually I started crying with her because I just felt so bad that I couldn't fix it for her. With a nub of a binky and a blankie and snuggles though she fell asleep in my lap at the table. I rocked her for a bit and then put her to bed. She woke up a couple of times, once with a fever so I gave her Tylenol. The second time I took yogurt up figuring she really didn't eat dinner so she must be hungry. After that though she slept the rest of the night and slept in until almost 8:30am this morning!
Today has been a big change. She is much happier and more willing to do things without mama. She didn't eat much for breakfast but had a whole slice of pizza at lunch. We went to my friend's house who has Jude (6 days younger then Natalia) to play and eat. She didn't want to play in the little kiddy pool much though, surprising me since she LOVES to splash around at home. After about 30 min of that she gave up and asked for her clothes, then said bye bye. So I knew it was time to head home. I don't think she is 100% yet, but it's a welcome change after yesterday! I'm hoping that after she finishes this round of antibiotics her sleeping habits will go back to normal. A double ear infection would totally explain why she's been sleeping so odd lately. Waking up so early and short naps, along with the screaming/crying when she wakes up instead of the usual happy babble that she would do.

1 comment:

Alison said...

was wondering if the docs ever suggested getting those tubes in her ears? I don't know a whole lot about them but was telling jeff's sister michelle about talia's ear infections and she was saying that her oldest had to get them when he was younger because was constantly getting ear infections. i don't know if its the same circumstance but made me curious. anyways, glad shes starting to feel better

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor