24 hours and counting... yes I'm going to count down the hours until Charlie is finally home. This is the longest he's been away from home in who knows how long. Especially since we've had Natalia he's never been gone for more then a couple days or nights.
I sleep so HORRIBLY when he is gone. He laughs at me when I say this because I tend to yell at him when he gets in my pregnant little bubble in bed. I'm hot and uncomfortable and want my space.... but when he's not there on the other side of the bed I just can't sleep. Not only do I miss his presence, but I have all these horrible fears of being home alone and not being able to protect Natalia or defend myself if something where to happen. So not only am I pregnant exhausted, I'm just suffering from lack of sleep!
I've totally slacked on picking up toys while he is gone too. I decided as long as dishes where done and the trash was taken out I wasn't going to worry about anything else until I had to. It's so difficult to get down or bend down to pick things up right now. I've been trying to get Natalia to help me, but she thinks it's so much more fun to make the mess then to put it away.
Natalia noticed Dada wasn't around today, she keeps asking for him. She was playing with my phone earlier and opened it up and said Hi Dada into it and then pretended to "talk" to him it was super cute. Thank goodness she's been good for me these last couple of days. I don't think I could handle a full blown melt down... I'd probably just cry.
Ugh, with all that said... I miss Charlie and just want him home with us!!
(hoping to go get Lydia's crib ordered this weekend and finally get some things done for her too, so I'm excited for him to be home for that too)
I have such a great appreciation for families who have to do this on a more permanent basis because of military. They are amazing for doing it and making that sacrifice so that all I have to do is 5 days. I can't imagine having to do it for months at a time!!
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment