Charlie's been gone since Saturday, and let me just say I'm exhausted. Despite her really great mood today and good behavior... not even one meltdown today... I'm so worn out. I'm used to Charlie picking up the slack on the weekends and coming home from work to play with her. I know I don't tell him enough how much I appreciate his help but it really does make a huge difference when he is around!! And we still have three more days of this UGH! Tomorrow morning she has shots which I'm sure will just set her up for a bad mood all day so I'm going to bed super early tonight in preparation for it.
Can you believe we made it to 26 weeks? Can I just heave a HUGE sigh of relief?!?!?! When we were at the hospital for our scare the nurse said the earliest she has seen a baby born and survive was 26 weeks. So to have made it to 26 weeks is wonderful... granted I would love for her to cook for a good 12-14 weeks more! I had my glucose test last week and am just waiting to see if we hear anything. No news is good news so fingers crossed I passed! Now we are at every two week appointments, I go back next week on the 28th. I've decided to stay at OBGYN Assoc for the time being and have scheduled the rest of my appointments, including the one on the 28th with Dr. Schroeder. So hopefully I love her like everyone says I will! This week marks the development and sensitivity of her hearing. She can probably hear me reading/singing to Natalia, or talking with Charlie, or even Charlie's voice as well! She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. That is good practice for when she is born and takes her first gulp of air. She probably weighs about a pound and two thirds and measures approx 14 inches (about an English hothouse cucumber). I'm starting to get antsy about not being ready for her. Her room is still a total disaster since we started to move furniture around, but we never finished. I would love to get it set up once and for all. I'm thinking I'll wait until August and then we need to get her crib ordered and I really want to purchase our double stroller. Those are the two biggest purchases we'll have to get ready and the rest we can do in stages. I did however find a super cute adorable outfit at Target the other day to be her "coming home" outfit from the hospital. So at least that was one thing to cross off on my to do list for her!
26 WEEKS! You can see Natalia in the corner there, the following picture is her face...
Natalia wondering what the heck I'm doing.....
Goodbye toes!
Well, I guess it's time to get the kiddo in the bath and get her to bed so I can rest!

No comments:
Post a Comment