Sunday, January 11, 2015

Quinton 10 Months

10 months little dude! 
I just scheduled his One year photo shoot and I want to cry, I'm in denial that we are almost at a year.  
Boo hoo!!  
Now I'm on the search for the most adorable little man outfits for this guy. 

I'm well aware how behind I am in posting this and getting his 10 month pictures done.  This time it seriously wasn't for lack of trying.  He has been teething big time the last couple of weeks and oh man has it been rough!!
One of our more tough days, he was a crying sobbing mess most of the day.... and so was mommy. 
I've been sick and had to go to the doctor to be put on antibiotics.  So lack of sleep, sickness, teething... it just did us in.  Then the outfit I wanted to use, he wore on the actual 10 month day so I could get his pictures done and of course it got dirty and we didn't get the pictures done.

But we've made it to the other end of the tunnel (for now) his front two bottom teeth broke through and we are happy campers once again.  He is obsessed with how the ridges feel on his tongue so he is always sticking it out now... and drooling all over the place ha ha.

This little guy hit the ground running the last couple of weeks and seriously hit milestone after milestone.  It was insane!!

We reached the mama milestone last month, but I got it on video! He says mama all the time now.

We have reached the half and half mark of breast milk/formula.  For fun I went with a mixture of more breast milk than formula!  And, he did great.  He slept horrible because chunky man was hungry!  ha ha.  Then we started teething and I was desperate for more than an hour of sleep between feedings so I went back to the half and half hoping to fill him up a little more.  Maybe I'll give it a go again here soon.
First bottle with more breastmilk than formula, kind of a big deal around these parts!
 Little man celebrated his first Christmas.  For the most part he left the tree alone, but one day he discovered it was there and played with a few ornaments.  Then one of the branches poked him and he decided to leave it alone again, didn't want to be attacked by the branches I guess. 


One morning I heard him on the monitor and I checked him, I saw him trying to pull himself up.  He'd started pulling up to his knees just the days prior... and I panicked because I saw those little feet hard at work.  So I bolted out of bed and sure enough he pulled himself to standing by the time I got in there.  So that very morning his crib mattress was lowered.  We tried the middle setting, but he's just so big it still didn't seem safe enough so we decided to just go all the way down.
Now he is pulling himself up constantly to a standing position, and even starting to inch his feet along to move side to side while he grips something.  This kid, he's going to be walking so stinking fast!!  He still army crawls for the most part, but once he gets close to something he wants to stand up to, he gets up on his knees and finishes the last few inches and then reaches up with those hands.

He discovered the stairs and has mastered going up.  We have this little four steps section that goes between the toy room and the hall way to the bedrooms.  He loves going up it.  I keep trying to teach him to turn around and go feet first to come down, but he really really wants to go head first.  We'll keep trying.  The main stair case is blocked off by big huge gates that he won't master for years (even Lydia hasn't quite figured out how to open them)
Speaking of the toy room, he loves it in there.  He is so so happy in there just crawling around, rolling around, discovering all the things in there.  It's hard on me because I can't leave him alone in there when I need to go downstairs for something/make dinner etc.  So he comes with me and he is a grumpy gus. We need to start anchoring down furniture too. I'm more nervous with him than I was with the girls about furniture falling.... maybe because it seems like he is more into everything than they ever were.  he he he. 
He is just very curious. 
Twice in one day he got himself "Stuck" in this table.  It was adorable and sad and I just had to get pictures the second time around.  He pulls himself up to standing and sticks his head in there some how, and then there is a lip on the edge of the table so he can't pull his head back out without bonking it.  ha ha ha.  Apparently Charlie's mom has pictures of Charlie just like this, which made me laugh out loud!

He's figured out the mum mums/puffs thing and loves them now.  We got those krispy veggie straw things from Costco the other day and he LOVES them.  Lydia does too, thank goodness I got the ginormous bag at Costco ha ha.  I even have given him little bits of pasta from our dinner.  He did great trying to self feed and chew on them.  I don't know how much he actually got in his belly but it was a great start!

He's been shaking his head no at us a lot.  It's in hi highchair mostly and it's when he's refusing to eat.  So we aren't sure if he really knows he's saying no or if it's just him trying to avoid eating and avoid the spoon by deflection.  ha ha ha.  But it's funny and cute.

He is obsessed with the fireplace. Like seriously obsessed.  He goes straight for it every time.  Sometimes he'll do his stand up and scoot along side step thing, but usually he does this. 
Don't fret, he doesn't fall, as the corner picture might imply.  He likes to hang off the edge, but when it's time to get down he has his own improvised way of getting himself down it's hilarious.  He kinda of scoots himself off the edge but without hitting his face, it's weird.  Again I've tried time and time again to show him to go feet first and he has no interest in my methods.

Still LOVES bath time.  The other night girls needed an early bath/bed time.  So I didn't want to bathe him in the big tub just him alone.  So we used the kitchen sink, and he loved it.  Thought the faucet providing the water was the neatest thing ever. 

Still only says mama and dada technically.  But the other day I swear I came down stairs and he waved his arm and said something that sounded like he was trying to say hi.  Did the same thing to Charlie a couple of days later (but he didn't see it).  Charlie also swears that Quinton was trying to say Lydia the other day too. But as soon as I came in the room he stopped.  Too funny.

Well little man.  I'm excited to see what 11 months will bring us... but seriously WHY does it have to go SO FAST.  SO FAST!!  UGH!

LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!

1 comment:

Sharlee said...

He's such a smiley baby!!! JaiseAnn still isn't really talking. I'm trying not to go crazy over it. She is more communicative than ever and she does say "Ma" and it's usually when she's looking for me but still..ah!

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor