It's time to say goodbye to another year, and hello to a new one.
This year has been one of the hardest of my life, but with that said, it has also been one of the best of my life.
Quinton Reid joined our family in March and we became a family of five.
Three kids brought on new challenges for me as a mommy that I thought were going to do me in for sure. I'm outnumbered big time, and I feel spread thin at times (most of the time)... there just isn't enough of me to go around. He has by far been my hardest baby and has tested my abilities as a mommy more than the other two ever have. From his dietary issues to our lack of sleep, it's been rough. There are days I've thrown my hands in the air and have wanted to just say I GIVE UP! I've cried on numerous occasions because I feel like I've failed my babies in one way or another.
BUT
Wow. I'm a mommy to three beautiful amazing kiddos. I GET to be home with them every day and watch them grow and learn. Even on the toughest of days, there is no where I'd rather be. I don't want someone else to be the one there for them when they are having these tough days. (not saying anything bad against working mums, just do you.) These three have given me so much to be thankful for. I'm their mommy! I have a purpose in life because of them!
Let's not forget my partner in life, Charlie. I couldn't do this without him. The kids adore their daddy because he is so fun. He doesn't mind getting down on the ground and playing with them, going out in the freezing cold and playing in the snow, or sitting at the dinning table and playing My Little Pony with them. He doesn't hesitate to step in and help me whenever I need him, even if it's house work. To see how much Quinton adores his daddy is seriously heart melting (and sometimes heartbreaking ha ha) it's pretty special.
We have built such a wonderful life here and I'm excited to see what this year will bring us.
2014 was filled with so many wonderful things. Quinton's birth being at the top of that. I'm still in awe of the miracle of life and that my body made him and brought him here. He was my best birth experience and I'm so very grateful for that. He has completed our family in so many ways. We waited for what seemed liked forever for little brother to join us.
Natalia started Kindergarten this year, and has officially gone and grown up on me. She challenges me in so many ways and pushes me to constantly be a better mommy. She is such a smarty pants, and so very creative. My little artist.
Lydia has flourished this year and become her own little person. She is totally ok with just doing her own little thing in crowds and seriously the sweetest little thing. She is such a performer and loved starting dance class this year.
We got to travel a lot this year as a family of five which, now thinking back is a pretty big deal being that it was our first year and we are total rookies at this. We got to go to Texas back in May and visit with the grandparents. Quinton got to meet his Great Grandpa Hodges and I got a four generation picture that I will treasure forever. We went to McCall in July with Charlie's family and had a blast at the Jarvis cabin. If we had endless amounts of money I would totally get a cabin up there for us. ;) Then of course our most amazing trip to California to go to Disneyland in November. The trip of a lifetime. I know the kids won't remember much of that trip, but I will forever remember their faces and reactions to it.
2015-
I hope this year brings us tons of great new memories.
I want to be the best mommy possible to these littles, I need to work on my patience and time management.
I really really want to take the family to Kona to stay at Grandpa Steve's house.
I just want to enjoy every last minute of every day of every week of every month this year, because it's bound to fly by just as fast as the last.
You have a lot to live up to 2015, because 2014 was so dang special!
**as far as resolutions go, I just really really want to get my blog caught up and stay caught up. I want to be more active and try to exercise a little bit, even if its just walking around the block ha ha. And most definitely try to eat out less! We have our good weeks where we only eat out once, and then bad weeks where we eat out way too much. =)
Now I better get back to my little ones, Q man is being a trouble maker! Hoping to get that Christmas blog done tonight or tomorrow at the latest.
Friday, January 2, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment