A while back ago I saw my cousin post this adorable picture of two of her kiddos and their dad having a "Christmas Tree Camp Out". I thought it sounded like so much fun. I knew our kiddos were too young for it, so I've been hanging onto that idea for a while now. I mentioned to Charlie the idea of trying it out this year (and he played along even if he didn't think it was that great) and then we mentioned it to the girls. I was really hoping it would turn out well because I wanted to make this a yearly thing. We had originally wanted to do it Christmas night, but we were so darn exhausted from the last two days that we pushed it out one more night and did it the night of the 26th. My cousins family does it the night of the 23rd, but I was afraid of trying to move Jingle while they were asleep downstairs ha ha. I think it worked out well doing it after Christmas because it was like one last hurrah with our Christmas tree before it got put away.
I told Charlie he should bring our mattress into the living room but he insisted he would just sleep on the floor while the girls and myself slept on the foam pad. (Should had done the mattress it wouldn't have been that much more work and we both would have been much more comfortable!) Anyway, we got Quinton to bed in his crib, he was teething and sick and wouldn't have done well with us downstairs. We made popcorn and started a movie. The girls LOVED it. I loved listening to them giggle at the movie. We watched Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda, after that it was super late for them so we all fell asleep. They did awesome and slept the whole night, even though I was up and down a lot with Quinton.
I definitely see this becoming a tradition for us!


No comments:
Post a Comment