Elf on the Shelf
Should we do it this year or wait until next year to start?
Charlie and myself didn't do this growing up, but I think it would be a really fun tradition to start with the girls. Natalia is becoming increasingly aware of Christmas/Santa and I think she might be ready for Elf on the Shelf, but key word there is MIGHT. I don't want the concept lost on her, or for it to freak her out, but am super excited to start.... what to do?
Are any of you out there doing Elf on the Shelf? When did you start?
So funny story. **I'm going to do my best to tell it, Charlie says it's not really a story that can be written down because you don't see the facial expressions. But, I really wanted to get this down because I think it's hilarious and I want funny stories like this saved for when the girls get bigger
Natalia has a really bad habit of biting her nails. I rarely am able to trim them with nail clippers because she's bitten them short. So the other day I told her that Santa wasn't going to bring her presents if she kept biting her nails. Her first response was "I don't want Santa to bring me presents." So I said, "Ok" But then she realized what that meant and said, "No I want Santa to bring me two presents" I asked her what she wanted Santa to bring her. Her face got very serious, her eyes got very wide, and she got right up to my face (her nose a couple inches from mine) and said, "eyeballs" in the most serious tone ever. It took everything I had not to crack up laughing right then and there. So I repeated, "eyeballs?" and then again she thought about it and realized maybe that wasn't what she wanted because then she told me, "No I want Santa to bring me Belle shoes." Oh ok. I can't tell that story without just dying laughing every time now. So Charlie thinks she said Belle shoes but really means the dress up get ups like she has of Snow White and Cinderella (courtesy of some awesome hand me downs). I guess this means that the Belle doll I had originally intended to be a Santa gift will now be a Mommy/Daddy gift. I shopped around on the Internet today and got her a dress/shoes/tiara set that will be from Santa. I can't wait to see her face!!!
I'm actually pretty impressed with myself I have a ton of my Christmas shopping done. I'm way ahead of my game this year!! Woo. This of course never happens but it's an awesome feeling to have so much bought or even just have figured out what I need to buy with so much time to go.


1 comment:
Elf on the shelf is a must. The kids behave so much better knowing they are being watched:)
Post a Comment