Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful

I started this post probably a week ago to just jot down some things about the girls, but since they are two of my biggest blessings and two of the things I'm most grateful for I'll combine it with my Thanksgiving post.  =)

*Miss Natalia has decided she is deathly scared of the dark and has been struggling at night to go to bed.  Despite a night light in her room, her cow clock (has a slight glow) and a night light in the hall with the door cracked.  Charlie had to sleep in there the other night.  Poor guy.  (seriously brings back fond memories of my dad sleeping on the floor of my room though and I remember how comforting it was)  So we bought this glow bug thing at Target that is kind of like a nightlight that she can take into bed with her.  She calls it her "ladybug flashlight" and it's helped a bit.  She hasn't insisted Charlie sleep in her room, and she still struggles a little with being scared. 
*She is getting much better at independent coloring.  She used to require us to be right there with her and usually wouldn't color just handed us the crayons and told us were to color.  But, now I think with preschools help she loves to just sit at her table and color.  Granted, it does tend to end up in places it's not supposed to (our carpet) but hey it'll get super cleaned when we move right? ;)
*We've been pretty much doing bed time as a whole family now.  We used to take turns, but have started a new habit of reading together and singing together.  Pretty great.  Once we move to the big house maybe we'll start a tradition of doing it in mommy/daddy's room as the brood grows etc.  Anyway, Natalia's favorite part is when we are done and we turn out the lights.  Charlie grabs two corners of a blanket and I grab the other two, with Natalia laying in the middle.  We say, "hip hip hooray" and toss her in the air a little with the blanket... and she lets out the best giggles.  (She got it from Winnie the Pooh) anyway, it caused some serious melt downs when we first started doing it because she wanted to keep going.  But now it's, "two times and five times"  we tried teaching her that that means seven times, but she doesn't care.  So fun.
*"I can't know" = "I don't know"
*When I asked Natalia what she was Thankful for she said her giraffe.  We've been talking about thankfulness all week and I kept explaining to her what I was thankful for, obviously it didn't quite click.

*Lydia still isn't walking.  She really just doesn't want to.  Her two little girl cousins walked so early... I assumed she would too.  I borrowed a little activity table from my SIL to see if she would stand more and she does but still just isn't showing signs of taking any steps.  Oh well.  It'll happen eventually right? 
*Her newest word is "Di-dee"  (Mickey) oh yes.  And it's just as cute as you can imagine it is.  Charlie was wearing some Mickey pj pants the other day and she crawled over to him, pointed to his pants and said "Di Dee" loud and clear. 
*With our impending move and my SIL being pregnant I'm thinking a lot about adding to our little family.  The plan has always been to start trying for a third after we move.  And, I know that we need at least one more precious little one to add to our crew.  BUT, I'm feeling a little sad and hesitant because it means Lydia won't be my baby anymore.  I just want to give her as much time as possible as the baby of our family.  She is just so sweet.  Gives so many kisses and cuddles.  The last couple of days after a good long afternoon nap she will just sit and snuggle with me on the couch for a good 30 min. It's heaven. 
*speaking of naps, shes pretty much down to just one nap a day now.  She tends to wake up around 5-6am drink a bottle and then sleep until 9ish... which pretty much ruins any chance of a morning nap.  So I try to hold off until about 12:30pm and then put her down and she sleeps a long time.  Once and a while she'll still wake up at 7:00am and take a morning nap around 10am and an afternoon nap around 2/3pm.  But those days are few and far between now. 
*We've had a rough few days around here with Lydia.  She got sick and was getting high fevers all night long.  She would wake up pretty much every hour so I wasn't getting any sleep (I don't do well with so little sleep either so we weren't a happy house).  She would also be very gassy so we started to give her gas drops that seemed to help a bit and I was able to get some three hour stretches out of her.  Then Mon morning (I had cancelled my hair appointment because I didn't want to leave Lydia with a babysitter if she wasn't feeling well) I noticed she was covered in red bumps.  All over her back, chest, around her face.  Took her to the pediatrician... double ear infection and the rash is a side effect of whatever viral bug she has.  Poor baby.  The doctor also discussed the possibility of tubes with Lydia.  Natalia came this close to getting them but then all the sudden her ear infections stopped, she just grew out of them I guess.  Anyway, Lydia has gotten one or both ears infected pretty much every other month which is a lot.  So she wants to see how this winter goes with colds and if she continues at this rate then we'll have to do tubes.  Boo.  But, with the numbing ear drops she gave us Lydia slept ten times better.  Rather then waking up every single hour all night long she woke up just once the whole night.  She's been doing much better though.  Appetite isn't fully back so she's still waking up at night hungry for a bottle.  We'll get there though.

I'm so so blessed and so lucky to have the life we have.  So thankful for so many things I could go on for days.  I'm also thankful for the hubs and all he does for us.  He puts up with my crazy and indulges me when it comes to Christmas. ;) Thankful for our house and our new house to come.  Thankful for our extended family.  Thankful for our friends.  Thankful for Charlie's job.  Thankful for Switch.  Should I keep going?

We had a great Thanksgiving day.  We did brunch with Charlie's mom and family and it was delish and a great break from too much turkey in one day.  Then we had dinner with my mom and family which was also tasty.  Natalia spent the night with my mom that night and so we just had Lydia which was odd to have just the three of us at home.  I'm not a black Friday shopper so we didn't have to be up early on Friday.  =)  We had lunch with Charlie's dad that day who just got back from a month in Thailand.  And then spent the afternoon decorating the house for Christmas.  (I have serious issues)

Then Friday night we had dinner with my dad.  I was going to make a fancy chicken dinner but didn't want to stop decorating the tree to do so, so we ordered pizza which seemed to make everyone happy anyway. 
 
 
So I think that pretty much covers the last couple of weeks.  I'll be posting our Christmas fun the next few weeks though.  SO EXCITED!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor