Wednesday they decided to take the "final photo" so they had to shave down to mustaches for the pic. He had the most hideous mustache. But of course it was hilarious so everyone loved it. This entire time I was a grumpy wife because I loathed it.
Thursday is the company Holiday party and I just couldn't fathom the idea of all these guys in the scruff at such a nice fancy party. The morning of the party he shaved it into an official mustache that made him look like a cop from the 70's.
YIKES! We also had a meeting with our builder the morning of the 29th to go over landscaping/closets in the house. I was mortified they were going to see him that way. Luckily a bunch of the guys at work decided to shave that day. A few kept their mustaches to see if the guys from Boston who were coming to the party would have theirs as well. I'm just glad charlie decided to be part of the group that shaved. He showed up at our meeting with the builder with a nice clean face and although it was a little shocking to see his bare face after a month of hair growth it was a good surprise. =) WOOO! Finally.
As I mentioned, we had a house meeting. It's going GREAT! Most recent pics are always in the new home photo album.
Plaster/texturizing going on, up next primer/trim/paint. WOO!
In other news: this little cutie pie decided she likes to blow kisses. The other night at taco night she just up and started doing it with Grandma. It's pretty stinking cute.
I went and found our other push walker thing from the bonus room and she's been much better about getting up and using it. Hopefully she'll be walking by Christmas. ;)
So I posted this on Facebook but I gotta take a minute to brag about that hubs of mine. So every year for Christmas he's really great about following my Christmas wish list to a T. Every year I secretly hope that he'll surprise me with something he thinks I would like/enjoy just because he knows me that well. Well this year was the year!! I can't believe it. I secretly had been wanting this particular thing but really couldn't bring myself to ask for it. (It's a bit of mula) and I figured he'd say no because we do have the expense of the house coming up. Well, the other night he said he knew what he wanted to get me at dinner. He said he wanted to surprise me with it but because it was a big expense he really wanted to run it by me because if I didn't want it he didn't want to waste the money. Guess what he was right on the nose!! WOOO HOO!! I couldn't believe it.
OMG am I excited for this sucker. You know me and my picture obsession? Well it's about to get 10 times worse. ;) I've been admiring my SIL's cameras for a while now and kept thinking I really should get one. But, it does cost a lot. Well we did our research. The newest model of this camera (T4i) would have run us a good $300 more. We found the model before that (T3i) for a great deal on Ebay brand new. So yeah I won't be surprised with it on Christmas... but I sure was surprised the other night when he told me. Then while doing my research I starred at the screen forever because I couldn't bring myself to push the purchase button. What does Charlie do, he grabs the mouse from me and just clicks. What a guy. ;)
We had a really fun date night on Thursday for the work Christmas party as well. I've always looked forward to his work parties every year and last year was really bummed when we didn't get to go. Since M2M was bought out by Enernoc they now have multiple offices over the country and decided to combine some parties and get everyone out to CA for a party at a winery. We had just had Lydia and I really didn't want to fly or go with a newborn in tow. Anyway, this year they got their own party and it was awesome. Three big guys from Boston came out to celebrate as well which was pretty cool. We started out the night at the Boise State Athletic Office Hall of Fame for a cocktail/appetizer hour. It was pretty darn cool (and the food wasn't too shabby) he he he. Then they had us go up the elevators to the Stueckle Center. They'd reserved the Skyline room for us. So granted we didn't get to see the field which I was super excited for, we did have a beautiful view of the Boise skyline. We had a delicious dinner, I came short of licking my plate clean, and then there was supposed to be dancing. But most people hated the loud music and migrated to the back of the room just to mingle. As always I am horrible at getting pictures of the two of us on our date nights. DAH! But it was a fun night and a great way to kick of our holiday festivities.
Next up? Saturday is our Disney on Ice show. SO FREAKING EXCITED!! I keep telling Natalia about our princess show and she seems excited, but once she sees it I'm sure she'll really LOVE it. ;)










No comments:
Post a Comment