Sunday, November 25, 2012

Elf on the Shelf

This morning our Elf came to stay with us.  Natalia had a hard time naming her, she usually doesn't name her toys or dolls.  But, while using the potty I reminded her that her elf would tell Santa she was good and used the potty... I asked her again if she had a name picked out yet.  She said no that she didn't have any super powers.  I laughed and said ok, and then she came up with the name Pumpkin.  But then when we were reading the story again before nap time she said "I can't know (I don't know)" when I asked what her elf's name was... we'll see what sticks.


 
Pj's on, ready to read the story. (she loves this snow glob but the music is extremely obnoxious!)



Loving her reindeer breakfast.


Miss Lydia slept in so she didn't get in on much of the fun.  But Natalia seemed to enjoy it.  Especially the PJ's and princess socks that our Elf brought for her.  She also got a couple of princess ornaments for the tree.  (Lydia got the same of course) 

I didn't set my hopes too high because I was afraid she wouldn't get into it.  She seemed happy to see her elf and had Charlie read the story right away.  But other then that hasn't taken much notice to the elf the rest of the morning.  Oh well.  Next year for sure, but we'll keep going for the rest of the month.  I then made our special North Pole breakfast.  It was supposed to be sent to us from Santa, but I was too tired to get up and make it before Natalia woke up.  So we just told her it was our reindeer breakfast.  I made chocolate chip pancakes and bacon and shaped them to look like reindeer.  (got the idea off pinterest of course) and they turned out so cute. 

The girls look adorable in their reindeer jammies and princess socks though. 

The inside is all decorated and I'm loving the Christmas light glow.  Natalia is totally into it this year and is so excited to help put up lights outside.  Our tree has survived Lydia thus far.  I was worried she was going to try and pull ornaments down but she really hasn't paid much attention to it.  Fingers crossed it stays that way! 

Next up, time to order our Christmas cards.  I think I have most every one's addresses, but if you want to insure you get a card from us make sure I have your address.  ;)

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor