Sunday, November 4, 2012

Busy Weekend leads to a busy week

Our busyness started out on Saturday the 27th.  We woke up bright and early because we had an early reservation time to go tour the Boise LDS Temple with my dad.  Recap- grew up Mormon, still share a lot of the beliefs, just not going to church.  ;)  Anyway, being that I grew up with the Temple here in Boise it was a great opportunity that I didn't want to pass up to go through it.  They had closed it to renovate it and before they dedicate it they open it to the public to tour.  It's pretty beautiful inside.  If you are curious and want to schedule a tour Temple Tours  It's open until the 10th I believe.  =)

After that we brought the girls home for a quick lunch and naps.  We watched some of the BSU game but had to record the rest to watch that night because we took the girls to Boo at the Zoo.  We'd never gone before and it was so much fun.  Natalia LOVED it.  We convinced her to wear her monkey costume since she was going to see monkeys.  It was crazy busy there and we got rained on a little but still really enjoyed ourselves. (to see more pictures follow the Halloween link)
 
 
Here is that picture that Natalia got with "Belle"
 
 We had a really good scare with Natalia while at the zoo.  You know the little tunnel where kids can go and poke their heads into the clear bowls?  Well Natalia followed Adam into it, so Charlie went to the other side to wait for her and I went to the front to get her picture peeking out... she never peaked out.  So I ran to Charlie and he said she hadn't come out.  My heart just about jumped out of my chest at that point and I ran back to the entrance.  I didn't see her so I started yelling her name and then I saw her little monkey head whip around, she had started to walk back towards the tiger area looking for us.  She had a look of shear panic as well poor thing.  I don't even want to know what as going though her little head as she couldn't find us.  But OMG I was ready to just bawl.  I've been hearing way too many child abduction stories and there have been too many on TV shows recently.  I don't know what I was thinking letting her out of my sight like that, but trust me it's not happening again.  UGH! 
 

Sunday the 28th was our nephew Dexter's 2nd birthday party.   He was actually born on the 14th but they did his party a couple of weeks later.  Natalia had fun playing with the kiddos and we got Dexter a toy vacuum like the one we have here.  He immediately goes for it the second he walks in our door so it was only fitting for him to get his own. 

Monday the 29th we went and did our family pictures!  We had actually scheduled them for the week before but postponed due to weather.  I'm so glad we did because it was BEAUTIFUL out and we got some great shots! My cousin does some good work!  (link has been added to the right)

Tuesday the 30th was our busiest day of all.  Natalia had her preschool Halloween party that morning so she wore her Pony costume to class. I didn't get to go and get a picture of the class so I'm really hoping her teacher did! They were super adorable though and got to trick or treat to each other.  During preschool Charlie and I met with our builder at the house to do our framing walk through!  (My MIL had Lydia) it was AMAZING.  Seriously.  It was so awesome to walk through the house and get a feel for were everything was going.  When I first walked in my initial reaction was holy crap what did we just do?  It's huge.  I had to remind myself that it feels  huge compared to our house now, and we intentionally wanted a big home so our little family can grow.  But wow.  We decided on our exterior paint colors and made a few lighting decisions as well.  I have to go to Sears next Monday and approve the appliances now.  Holy crap.  Still so surreal but still so exciting! (again, I update the new home link every couple of days. There are pictures of the inside framing in there now)
That afternoon after naps was Lydia's one year appointment with the pediatrician.  We had to delay the appointment because of our special circumstances with Oliver. (He can't be around someone for a month after they've had a live vaccine, and the MMR they get at one year is a live vaccine) Of course after all that Derek and Ashlee said it shouldn't be too much of an issue since he usually doesn't have direct contact with Lydia, just Natalia, so we were still able to keep our trick or treating date we had set up. He's going to come into contact with it more at preschool then he would with us because he doesn't play with Lydia right now.

Lydia's 1 year stats: 20lbs 10oz (36 %) 31in long (92%) and her head was 19 3/4in (not sure the percentage, but HUGE)

Just to compare: Natalia's 1 year stats: 19lbs 6 oz (25%)  29 1/4 in long (50%) and her head 18 1/4in (75%)

Basically overall Lydia is a bigger girl then Natalia!  She already fits into a lot of 18month clothes go figure.  ;)

Both girls got flu shots.  Natalia just had the one shot and hated it!  She keeps telling me her leg hurts poor thing.  Lydia had to get her flu shot plus four other shots.  TOTALLY SUCKED. She's done amazing though and hasn't been cranky and sleeping great still.  Thank goodness. 

**Looking back on my notes from Natalia, she didn't climb the stairs until she was a year old and Lydia's been doing it for a few weeks now, way before she turned a year old.  She's my little dare devil that one!

Wednesday was Halloween!!  WOOO!  We skipped swim lessons that morning because Natalia's leg was still bothering her.  So instead we did a fun photo shoot outside:
Happy Halloween from our little Hodgepodge Ghouls!
 
We skipped out on our usual tradition of joining my friend Crystal (Jude's family) and their family for the usual big soup/chili feed and then trick or treating.  I really missed going with them but Natalia said she wanted to go with Oli this year and it was extra special because my mom came a long and got to go Trick or Treating with all her grand babies.  It was bittersweet with our little moving away situation.  Sad face.  Anyway we met up at my aunt's house who lives in Copper Basin and went around her little block.  The kids had so much fun together and got tons of good candy.  It was the perfect area to go because it was just enough houses to go to and they all had their lights on and loved having the kids.  
 
Natalia really got into it this year and loved going up to the doors.  She was a little timid at first but really did great.  Some of the spookier homes we had to walk up with her but she really loved it.  She also did so great about staying with us on the sidewalk and not running far ahead of us.  She can be such a little stinker sometimes but all in all is such a good girl.  Lydia did great the whole time as well.  We made the first loop with her in the stroller but when we went to cross the street to make the loop again I threw the stroller in the trunk of the car and just carried her.  (thus I got some candy too) he he he.  But people loved seeing her, who wouldn't, and I didn't want to deprive them of the cutest monkey! We got home pretty late and got the girls to bed (Natalia later then Lydia because of all the sugar she had consumed) and finally got to sit down and watch our usual scary movie.  =)
 

Thursday the 1st!!  I can't believe it's November, wow time has flown this fall.  After dropping Natalia off at Preschool I went and met with Kim (who works for the builder, not sure what her title is) to sign off on the spec sheets.  They basically go in detail of what all our choices where inside the house from flooring to paint colors to where lights go etc.  YAY!  Some of the siding even went up since we had been there Tue:


Friday the 2nd was Charlie's little sister Alison's 30th birthday!  Steph threw her a totally awesome 80's party to celebrate.  So we decked out in our coolest duds and went over to party.  I didn't get a picture of us, but Steph did so once it's posted I'll show you all how cool we looked.  ;) The girls had a lot of fun and stayed up way too late. 

Saturday the 3rd we dropped the girls off with my mom about one for a slumber party.  We caught a matinee of The Dark Knight at the cheap theater.  It was a little long but actually pretty good.  I'm sad that it's supposed to be the last one by the Nolan brothers because I think they did a great job with the Batman franchise.  After that we met up with Cheryl and Amy here at home so we could take them over to our new house for a quick walk through.  Yes that's right, I said Amy!!  She's BACK!  She was offered a job (over the phone might I add, pretty impressive) as a court clerk here at the Ada County Court House.  So she basically packed up her whole life in Alaska and made the trek back home.  WOOO!!!  We are so happy and excited to have our M'Amy back.  Then it was off to dinner and the Boise State game.  It was an incredible intense game that Boise State lost to San Diego.  They just didn't play the same and let San Diego score some crazy points.  It was a heart breaking loss!! 

So there you have it.  Today (Sunday) is a quite day to begin another crazy week for us. 

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor