Saturday, June 4, 2011

20 Weeks, A Party, and a Gender Reveal!

Before I begin possibly the longest blog ever there is a new thing that Natalia does that I keep forgetting to jot down so here goes:

She sings along now when I sing to her at night. It's seriously so precious. After bath, PJ's, and books we rock in the dark and I sing the same four songs to her. Winnie the Pooh, Twinkle Twinkle, It's a Small World, and I am a Child of God (a church song that I've known forever). Of course when others put her to bed the songs very... but mine are always the same. Now she kinda tries to sing a long, she doesn't say the exact words it's definitely Natalia gibberish... but it's so adorable I wanted to remember it. =)

OK and onto our show!

I'm sure those who read this but don't have me on Facebook are wondering what our new baby is

Well... it's a
GIRL!!!

That's right Natalia is getting a baby sister come October!

BTW- there are a bazillion pictures from last night so definitely check out her birthday album for all the excitement! And I'll be sure to post the new ultrasound photos in the baby Hodgepodge album.

Lets start from the beginning. 9am Friday morning found us in the ultrasound room at the doctors office. Baby girl was perfect and healthy... and a girl! Funny because Charlie was convinced she was a girl and I was convinced she was a boy. As was most of our family. Including my Grandma, who is never wrong but has been wrong both times with me. ;) Even though I thought she was a boy, I'm still so excited. I've said it from the beginning I didn't care as long as the baby was healthy! And now Natalia gets to have the sister relationship I never had. I'm a bit jealous! Then it was off to Zurchers were I bought four pink balloons for the reveal at Natalia's party. It was so fun having our little secret and driving our families nuts with it for a day. Everyone tried to get hints out of us and I think we did a pretty good job of keeping it a secret. I'm also happy because her two little cousins that are all born this year, and within a couple of months of each other are girls too so I'm hoping they will all be close and the best of friends. I was worried that if it was a boy he would feel left out because the other two so close to age from him were girls. So it all works out! he he he. We are clueless as to a name for her though. We knew right when we got pregnant the first time our names for a girl and a boy, we used Natalia and so all we had left was a boy name. We've tossed around a few girls names but we don't love anything the way we loved the name Natalia. So since we have to come up with not only a first name but a middle name she might remain nameless for quite some time! That night I went to Cheryl's house and along with Amy made treats. Well, they made them and I tried to pitch in where I could. Cheryl made yummy grasshopper ice cream cake and Amy made rainbow chip cake pops. The cake pops were being stubborn, but turned out amazing and delicious! (all but one that I saved for Natalia to have today are gone!)

So Saturday we had Natalia's birthday party. I got a call from the bounce house company asking if they could deliver early but wouldn't charge me extra... like I would say no to that! They came at noon, meaning we got four extra hours with it! Natalia got a big kick out of playing in it with dada before nap time which wore her out. She's been taking shorter naps lately, which totally sucks for me. But yesterday she slept for almost two and a half hours! All the while I was like a chicken with my head cut off running around the house finishing up everything. I said I was going to keep it low key after my stress level from last years party, but ha the joke was on me. I of course went overboard, but it's so much fun. The bounce house was a HUGE success and worth every penny. The kids loved it and the adults did too. We ordered pizza instead of going through the whole bbq ordeal like last year and I'm glad we did. I just put out a salad and drinks to go with it. That along with our treats seemed to be a good amount of food. We had soooo many loved ones show up. I love that we have so many family and friends willing to show up for a two year olds birthday party. =) Of course I'm sure the big reveal was a bit of an incentive, but it's still nice. Natalia really seemed to enjoy herself and just was in and out of the house playing and eating. I really feel like it went so much better then last year and the beautiful weather and bounce house played a big part in that for sure. So once everyone had a chance to eat we were about to do the big reveal and realized we couldn't! Charlie's friend Luis and my friend Cheryl had made a beer run and we (meaning me) didn't want to do it until EVERYONE was there! He he he. So we had all the presents outside with us and decided to just go ahead and open those first. Let me tell you this little girl is so spoiled! Everyone gave her great gifts and even though she didn't show much interest in them I know she will love them. She was so distracted by the cake pop in her hand and her little friends playing that she had a hard time focusing on presents. She did get a hold of a new baby and immediately wanted it open so she could hold it. So cute. There's a great picture of that in the album too. We finally made it through all the gifts with some help from my mom and with Charlie and I finally just opening them ourselves. Thank you all so much for spoiling our little girl so much! =) Anyway, it was finally time. I had placed the four magic balloons along with a little sister onsie in a box. We counted to three and opened it up and out floated the balloons. Everyone was clapping and laughing. Charlie did his act of oh no not another girl arms in the air thing. He says he's happy its a girl, that a few days ago he realized that Natalia's been so much fun that another girl wouldn't be a bad thing. he he he. So we're happy as can be and now are focusing on getting ready for this little girl. We need to clean out the office and do some rearranging for the computer and my sewing table. Then it's time to pick out bedding and decorate for her! Anyway back to the party. Once that was done we had ice cream cake and sang to Natalia. She actually didn't cry this time and took a couple of nibbles off her cupcake! She even tried to help blow out her candle which was super cute. So then the party started to die down and people headed home. Eventually it was just a few of us playing in the bounce house and enjoying the last hour with it. So fun! I let Natalia stay up an extra since it was a special night and I really wanted her to get as much time bouncing as possible. Which meant she wasn't in bed until almost 9 instead of 8, and who knows how long it took her to fall asleep after all that fun and sugar! Of course she woke up early this morning though. That kiddo follows the sleep rules the books talk about to a T. If she goes to bed late it doesn't mean she sleep in in the morning, it usually means she wakes up earlier then normal. But, if she goes to bed early she tends to sleep all night and sleeps a solid 12 hours. He he he. Anyway the party was so much fun and such a success, makes all my hard work totally worth it! I can say I will try to be low key next year, but who knows what excuse I will come up with to make it a big deal again! =)

20 WEEKS!!!

We've made the half way mark! WOO HOO! Well, if this baby decides to come early like Natalia did we're a few days over half way even! According to the ultrasound she's measuring right on target give or take a day or two early and about 11oz... according to Babycenter she's about the length of a banana. She is swallowing more these days and producing meconium. Also discovered at the ultrasound that I have an anterior placenta with this baby. Which explains A LOT to me. I felt baby girl moving early on and earlier then I did with Natalia as expected. But, I kept wondering if I wasn't feeling her as often as I did with Natalia. I swear by 20 weeks I could feel Natalia all the time and I think Charlie could feel her through my belly as well. This baby I swear it's just once and a while and Ive yet to feel that external movement. But, because I have an anterior placenta, which means it's between the baby and my belly, she has more to kick through for me to feel it. By 24-26 weeks the doctor says she'll be big and strong enough that it won't matter and I'll feel her all the time. I'm excited for that because it's definitely what I look forward to about pregnancy during that whole first trimester yuckyness! Plus it's so reassuring to feel the baby move in there. =) We don't go back to the doctor for four weeks for a quick check up, but then after that we start going every two weeks! Seriously this summer is going to go by so fast! I can't wait to meet her!!

So today my friend Amy is going back home to Alaska, it's kind of a sad day! She was in Mexico with us for a week and then stayed in Idaho for a week so she could be here for the party. We're all going to do lunch as one last thing together and I'll probably shed a tear or two saying goodbye. But, she's promised to come back for her birthday in November and to meet the new little one. After that it will only hopefully be a few more months before she moves back... at least that's what we keep telling her that she's running out of time and NEEDS to move back home! =)

After lunch it's off to a joint baby shower for my SIL Steph and her friend (who consider a friend now too) Sara. They are due a week apart and both with girls, how fun is that!! So many little girls! Then next week is a joint shower/BBQ that we are throwing for Steph and John that should be a lot of fun. And after that, I think life will slow down a bit he he he.

I'm super excited to see what fun adventures the summer will bring us. Getting ready for the new little girl in our lives and just enjoying our little family of three a bit longer are top on my list of things!

Ok, again there are WAY TOO many photos to post here, so just check out the album links I have there on the right. =)

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor