Thursday, November 12, 2015

Lydia turns 4!!

Our Lydibug turned four!!

And again, it seems like she was already four.  Same thing happened when she turned three, it felt like she had already been three for a while!

This little girl of ours is one special little girl.  She is super sweet, super sensitive, so loving.  Her feelings can get hurt easily, but she forgives quickly.  She's still a daddy's girl, but every once and a while mommy is pretty awesome too.  I love the random things she says.  One time I helped her with some legos, and she said, "mommy you're the best"  seriously, how cute?!?!?!  She LOVES the color pink, and all things girly.  Her Love for Mickey and Minnie is still as strong as ever, but now she also loves Elsa and all things Frozen, and Fluttershy (My Little Pony).  If you know the show and you know our Lydia, she couldn't have picked a better pony, Fluttershy is shy, quiet, sweet, loving, and very innocent.  Totally our Lydia.  She's starting to LOVE to color and create projects just like sister.  She is loving preschool and asks every morning if it's her turn to go to school.  As shy as she is, she also makes friends so easily when we go out to McDonalds, or meet up with new friends for lunch.  She tells us that she wants to be a singer when she grows up, and I LOVE listening to her sing along in the car.  She and sister have discovered Taylor Swift and they are HUGE fans.  Mommy on the other hand is sick of listening to the same 13 songs and desperately need some other Taylor Swift hits.

Favorite foods are still cheese, cheese. and more cheese.  She also enjoys pizza, waffles/chocolate chip pancakes (shaped like mickey)

For a while there she had an imaginary friend named Ryder (I think from Paw Patrol) he was every where she went and at times it was a little creepy.  Like she would tell us where Ryder is standing and watching her do things etc.  Randomly it stopped and I asked her why he wasn't around anymore and she said "Ryder told me he didn't want to be my best friend anymore"  ahhh sad face.

With so many Mickeys and Minnies, Lydia has come up with names for a lot of them so we can differentiate between them.  Keep in mind this is probably about half of her collection.  Ha ha ha.
Giant Mickey, Shaking Minnie, Soft Mickey, Crawling Minnie, Seahawks Minnie, Easter Minnie, Easter Mickey, Minnierella, New Minnie, Minnie Rattle, Minnie STars, Talking Minnie, Wizard Mickey, Talking Mickey.... yikes.  

So last summer their cousins Cypress got her ears peireced while on a family vacation in Hawaii.  A couple of months later Jocelyn followed.  When we would ask the girls if they wanted to do it, Natalia said no, and Lydia would say when she was four.  (My dad made me wait to do it until I was 16, I talked him into it at 15 and I hated them, hated how my hair got caught in them and I let them close up and haven't redone it since)  Anyway, we were at the mall doing our Bodhi Build a Bears and just hanging out with the family.  The Jarvis wanted to go down to Claires so we followed.  Before I knew it they were showing Lydia the earings you could choose from to get your ears pierced, she saw the Elsa ones and she was sold.  I went into major melt down panic mama mode.  She held strong though and since they had two workers who could do it at the same time we went through with it.  She SCREAMED and SCREAMED it was awful.  Natalia told me that after seeing Lydia in pain, "I will NEVER do that now"  ha ha ha.  But after a few minutes and a prize from Aunt Stephanie she got over it quickly and now LOVES them and shows everyone who will look.  We are close to the six week mark so we can change to the Minnie earrings she got for her birthday.  Just wanted to leave Elsa in for the costume this weekend.  =)


Her birthday picture session was over at the place where they do the Shakespeare Festival. It was seriously so pretty, and I want to do our family pictures there next year.  We snuck in some costume shots too while there.


Celebrating her birthday at preschool.  She took in cupcakes to share with her class.  

Seems like all I take of her birthday mornings is with her and her bed head.  =)  We had the usual birthday donuts and sang to her.  She opened some gifts from us too.  She got a new Elsa dress, and her reaction to it was pretty awesome.  "OH WOW" I believe was part of it.  
We had lots of family come over for her "Frozen" party.  She had a blast playing with cousins and running around.  She got spoiled by our family with lots of fun presents too.

Showing the family the hats we had made for them for Halloween to go with their costumes. 
Beautiful little girl!
For her 4 year well check she had to get two shots!!  She hated it, and so did I.  So I took her to McDonalds afterwards for lunch.  I felt awful, but thankfully that's the last of them until they turn 11!!  She's still super tall (78%) and skinny.  She will definitely be outgrowing Natalia, which is funny but also scares me.  How tall is this girl going to get?!?!?  =) 

I always say it, but I can't believe another year has gone by so fast!!  This cute girl has been so fun (and easy) and I'm excited to see the big girl she becomes!!!

LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK LYDIBUG!!!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor