Well here we go. More than half way through October and I'm now posting September's catch up. Such is life. October has been busy... I mean BUSY! I think I just have to face that October's will always be busy. So hopefully I won't get too behind with October's post. We had a little one turn 4 this month too! So I'll work on her post and the other couple I have in drafts. Someday... The next few weekends are already booked up too. YIKES.
 |
| He along with his sisters love olives. I don't get it. Charlie and I don't like them at all, and yet they all do. GROSS. Ha ha ha. He finally figured out the fun of the olive on the finger thing, and I just had to document it of course. I hold up the olives and he immediately sticks out his finger for it. |
 |
| First day of dance for this little ballerina, she started the Fairy Tale class this year with Miss Chrissy, who is actually Miss Janis's daughter (Lydia's preschool teacher) super fun! |
 |
| Messy spaghetti face baby. A cute smile on a bad day. |
 |
| Kiddo loves those chocolate doughnuts... we are a family who enjoys doughnuts. Charlie takes the kiddos on a Saturday morning for doughnuts from Country Time and I get to sleep in... it's pretty fabulous. |
 |
| So before Bodhi passed away I took the girls to pick out fabrics. (I'm pretty sure I posted about the blanket we made for her already) One of the projects I wanted to do for Bodhi was to make a cover for her isolette. They cover their little baby incubators to keep the babies warm and from over stimulating them. The day before she passed I had started working on hers and then she was gone. And I had to fold up everything and put it away and I felt awful. Charlie was sitting in the kitchen and i turned to him and I said that I wanted to finish it and donate it to the NICU anyway. He said that was a good idea, and I all the sudden felt so much better about it. (not about Bodhi of course, but about the cover just going to waste) so I talked to Steph about my decision and she said she wanted to do the same with her fabric she had bought to make Bodhi a cover too. So we made plans to work together one afternoon and busted them out. We got them both cut and pieced together and most of Steph's done. (and as of today mine is done now too, and we just have to take them down to the NICU when Steph is ready) |
 |
| After getting home from Texas Natalia has shown an interest in really learning how to play Hand and Foot. This was one of our games (and I was just teaching her the basics, not all the rules) and she totally beat me!! |
 |
| Natalia's school picture for this year. Is it awful that I'm slightly disappointed by them? As a mama I know that that is her fake smile and her sleepy eye look. She said the lights were really bright. She's super cute though... and since I'm posting this late I can say that tomorrow is retake day and we are going to go for it. Here's hoping! |
 |
| My little stud muffin. I sent this picture to Cheryl and Amy and they said he looked ready to go on a yacht. So that's why I had labeled it "looking for some ladies to take on my yacht" |
 |
| A rough night of stomach bugs, but life must go on and I had to get girls off to school. I got a fun surprise at preschool though. Crystal, without knowing how rough my night had been, brought me a dirty diet coke (diet coke with lime and coconut) from Sonic. So sweet and made my day. |
 |
| Girls night out. These ladies are all alums from my sorority. With the exception of Cheryl, because we were roommates prior and rushed together, I would have never met any of these gals without the sorority. Although some of my dearest friends life has gotten us so busy we usually just saw each other at birthday get together and such. Well lately we've been making more of an effort to get together once a month for dinner. We even got Brooke to come to town one weekend (there was an alum bbq that weekend too) so we made sure to do dinner together- our third in a row. |
 |
| At the alum bbq. Jerilyn (middle) was my Big in the sorority, and Annie was my first little. I was so excited to get a "family" picture at a function. |
 |
| Daddy and Quinton, Seahawks football buddies. |
 |
| This kid and markers. He can't be trusted with them! But, if he's contained in a seat and I give him paper and markers he's quite happy. He seemed so focused on his little masterpiece here. |
 |
| Stomach bug got to Natalia and I kept her home from school. She came up with the idea on her own to write notes to each of her classmates. It was pretty cute. |
 |
| All three with stomach bugs. Need I say more? |
 |
| Quinton had the bug first, and it moved south... giving him gross diapers and gross diaper rash. That night he did NOT want to sleep in his crib. Poor baby. So I pulled him into bed with me, where he promptly fell asleep. I wasn't sure if Charlie knew he was in bed with us though so I was paranoid and didn't sleep much watching them. I was exhausted the next day. So I dropped Natalia off at school, Lydia at preschool and went home with bubba. He of course screamed bloody murder when I tried to put him in the crib for a nap. So I again pulled him into bed with me and promptly fell asleep again... and then I got to nap too. =) Really though, as exhausting as it was I was grateful that just being with me was a comfort to him, someday that won't be the case. Especially because of his love for his daddy, that when he actually wants me it's kind of nice. |
 |
| I keep a notepad like this in the kitchen to scribble notes and write down grocery lists as I need them. Here is my grocery list I had started, and Natalia drew a little note for me one day. I usually tear out pages as I finish or once done shopping, I haven't thrown this particular page away. ;) |
 |
| Just reminiscing our wedding with our anniversary coming up. My favorite picture from our wedding. Anytime we are downtown I have to look up to the top of the CW Moore building to see if anyone is up there getting married. |
 |
| Weather finally cooled and we've been taking the bike to pick up Natalia from school when we can. And yes, Lydia is wearing PJ's. She's obsessed with those Elsa jammies and will wear them as much as possible whenever possible. |
 |
| Charlie's dad gave us tickets to two home games that they had to miss while in Kona. This was the first one, and we got to be there when the new quarterback took over because our other one got hurt. It was a fun game and then we grabbed Cafe Rio to go and went home to eat. |
 |
| We signed up to do the Fit One 5K with Steph, John, and Cypress. They offered these socks at the expo they (as well as the race) benefit the children's hospital. I'm a sucker for those kinds of things. ha ha ha. Natalia wanted to wear them but as leggings, so I did my usual thing to them and made them into leggings for her. She of course wouldn't wear them when it came down to it. ha ha ha. So I did =) |
 |
| I got to go on this pretty girl's field trip to the Meridian High Agriculture Expo. It was lots of fun, then I grabbed lunch and met her back at the school to eat lunch with her. It was fun to see what their routines are like and it also gave me a good idea as to why she doesn't eat much during lunch. It was a fun day and I'm so thankful that I get opportunities like this to be involved in her class and her daily life. I sure do miss this little one when she's gone all day! I'm still not used to her being gone all day. |
 |
| Just me and the little boy who has my heart. He was being so super cute and snuggly on the couch with me. |
 |
| All dressed up for family pictures. Isn't he handsome? |
 |
| Busy day of Fit One and family pictures. We were trying to eat dinner before getting him to bed and he kept laying down on the ground out of pure exhaustion. |
 |
| Quinton got tired of the stroller and wanted to walk at one point of the race. It was super cute when Cypress went to walk with him he put out his hand and they held hands. |
 |
| Proud of the sis in law, she did the Fit One half marathon and beat her PR. WOO! |
 |
| Girlie cousins doing the Fit One together. |
 |
| More family fun at Fit One |
 |
| Our family of five. Five seems like such a big number, but I don't consider us to be a big family. |
 |
| Molars are coming in and it's a blast. He can't make up his mind. He wants me to hold him, he wants me to put him down. he wants his water, he doesn't want his water. You know the game right? UGH! Teething totally blows. |
 |
| Having some important life talks with this almost four year old. She was concerned about her feet being the same size. Can't believe how fast the last four years have gone! |
 |
| And my cover is done! Sewing has actually been a great therapy for me, and working on something so important has been good for me too. I'm really pleased with how it turned out and am happy that it'll be used by teeny tiny precious babies. I haven't had a chance to sit down and sew since. I want to make a blanket for my hair dresser who is pregnant with her second girl. She is on partial bed rest and it took them a long time to get pregnant with this baby. So to be able to use fabric I had bought for Bodhi and make a blanket for her feels like a good thing. =) |
 |
| A happy birthday to my daddy, he turned 59 on the same day we celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. |
 |
| And here we are 17 years ago. Our first real date was our senior prom, we look like such babies!! So half our lives later we have been married for 9 years, 3 kids, 1 dog, and countless laughs, tears, and fun. Here's to many many more years together!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment