Friday, November 13, 2015

October Insta Catch Up

One of my (many) goals for track break is to get caught up on this blog.  And I'm slowly but surely getting there!  A lot of them are filled with pictures sitting in drafts and I just have to fill in the blanks so to say.  So just hang tight folks and I'll get it done.  

Other goals included:
  • Cleaning/purging the toy room, vacuum couch and wash cushion covers - check (finished today!)
  • a weekly art/craft project- we can do more, but I want to do at least one a week (we did two this week)
  • play dates with friends- we did one this week, two more weeks to hopefully do another
  • Play dates with cousins- did one this week, and more to come
  • clean out junk drawers by the fridge and the drawers where I stash the girls stuff- two done
  • I want a cooking lesson from my grandpa- papusas
I tried to keep my goals reasonable since on top of that I still need to do daily stuff (and my to do list on my phone is ridiculously long and overwhelming anyway) and I have to get a ton of laundry done, folded, put away... and wash all the kids bedding and ours.  YIKES!  But I did hire someone again to come in once a month and do deep cleaning for me.  And the first time they came in last week was AMAZING.  We were gone all morning doing dance and errands and we came home to it being spotless.  Seriously.  It was a breath of fresh air when lately I feel like I'm suffocating.   

So without further ado, here is October's Insta Catch up. 

This little girl was seriously counting down the days to when she could wear her Halloween shirt, start the decor, and do Halloween crafts.  She was soo excited for the day to finally arrive.  The first thing she requested was a witch hat to wear with her outfit. 
All decked out in Halloween clothes!  
Yes, that's front row parking at Costco and yes it had to be documented!!  I wasn't even trying for a close up spot, because let's face it, it's pointless... but I drove right by and there it was!  So awesome when you've got little ones and huge Costco carts to unload into a car and it's so close! 
Halloween craft time!  Painting pumpkins using paper plates.  And of course $1 witch hats from Walmart had to be added.  They were much happier with these ones than the ones we tried to make.  ha ha ha
No decor in our house for any holiday is complete without Mickey or Disney being involved in some manner! 
Family movie night!  We rented the live Cinderella, even though the girls and I got to see it in the theater, daddy hadn't seen it yet and of course we wanted to watch again.  Quinton slept through most of it anyway, and this time was totally aware of it and kept pointing at all the animals.  
The second football game from Charlie's dad.  We even got to hit up Melting Pot for dinner prior  to this and it was awesome!! 
At the Harvest Festival at the Botanical gardens with cousins, tons of fun was had. 
Me and my little kitty cat waiting in line at the restrooms.  
Even with short hair, this girl's bed head is out of control!!  ha ha ha.  And it's like this EVERY morning.  She must move around A LOT in her sleep.  
I tried to use the electric clippers on his hair and used the wrong guard, so it was way too short and not evenly blended.  Crystal came a couple of days later and evened it up for me and taught me how to do it.  We'll see here in the next week or two if I really learned anything and do it right this time ha ha. 
We went to Diary Queen to order an ice cream cake for Lydia's birthday  The girls asked for treats, and I'm a sucker for ice cream.  so of course we stuck around and enjoyed some lactose filled goodness.  
We bought this tower when Natalia was probably this little.  All three have used it very regularly, but I would say Quinton probably actually enjoys it.  If I'm doing anything in the kitchen he runs for the pantry and starts to push it out himself or grabs us and pulls us over to it to get us to get it out for him.   It's definitely been a life saver during some of his grumpy times and I need to get dinner going.  he's usually happy to hang out in there.  
A year ago we did the tube surgery on Quinton.  He's yet to have an ear infection since doing it and I'm so so thankful for that!!  I wish we would have done it with the girls, it would have saved me a lot of sleepless nights.  
Boise State Game day!  I'd been meaning to get a picture of them in their best gear, but never seem to have time.  So with a little bribery I got it done one afternoon.  It was impossible to get them to look at the camera at the same time, but I still got some cute shots! 
Natalia falls asleep in the car  A LOT.  Lydia however never does, but she does like to pretend she is.  ha ha
Getting Quinton to recognize his belly button.  We've been working on body parts.  He seems totally uninterested in learning them though... the girls knew a lot of them by this age.  He's been soo soo different in soo many ways.  
Teething blows.  Nap time is suffering.  One afternoon he woke up after only 45 min, and was SUPER grumpy. We were sitting on the couch and he starts to try to crawl off me and then fell asleep again half off me like this.  It was funny, and frustrating since I just need him to nap in his crib like a normal baby.  
Messy bubba, really enjoyed these noodles.  Sister had asked for them, and of course didn't touch them (SO FRUSTRATING) but at least he liked them right?? And can't get him to wear a bib anymore, he gets so pissed off at me if I try to stick one on him, so I do a lot of extra laundry around here.  
Day after her party we were going through the toys and getting them out of packaging.  I don't remember why she kept wanting to be in the box, but she would smoosh her face up on it and it was hilarious.  
Time Hop is one of my favorite apps. It's fun to see what comes up each day from a year or more ago.  Two years ago we found out the baby in my belly was a boy, and we were over the moon.    
Lydia got Frozen Legos for her birthday, so the girls wanted to build all the princess Legos they have and create a "fairy tale  village"  it was fun to set it all up with them since Charlie is usually the one to build the sets with them when they first get them. 
Quinton gets stuck waiting for sisters at dance twice and all in one day.  Wednesday mornings with Lydia and Wednesday evenings with Natalia.  The waiting area is crazy and busy during Natalia's class, so lately we've been just hanging out in the car.  The last few times I've been pulling Quinton out of his rear facing seat and putting him in Natalia's seat and he can see the movie I put on for Lydia... and he LOVES it.  So until he gets sick of this too we'll keep waiting in the car.  He looked so so grown up to me the first time I stuck him in that seat.  He's still got a few more months of rear facing, but he sure does look cute! 
This little guy.  He is convinced he isn't a year and a half old... that's he's just as big as sisters.  And it's adorable.  He LOVES doing his own cereal in the mornings.  And the bib thing is still an issue so milk is always all down the front of his shirt.  Especially when he copies Lydia and tries to drink the milk from the bowl.  But I love it.  
New to me bike trailer for the kids.  As the cooler weather came in we tried to walk/ride to school or for school pick up as much as we could.  My bike trailer was bought used and was starting to fall apart, the snaps were just not working and I had snapped them in other places to get the flaps to stay down.  Anyway, my cousin posted theirs on Facebook for cheap, so I jumped at the chance!  It's way nicer than the one we had!! So I sold my old one on Facebook for super super cheap with the caption that someone handy could probably fix it up.  And I had soo much interest in it that it was gone that night.   This new one is pretty cool because it can be converted to a stroller too, so I'm excited to give it a go.  The first time we used it Quinton even fell asleep on the way home, so it must have been a pretty smooth ride.  ;) 
Homecoming for Boise State.  Of course I had to get a picture of this handsome dude playing with his football in his BSU threads and shoes.  He loves tossing that little ball around so I like to joke he's the future quarterback.  ;)  
One of our buddies from highschool got married a couple of weekends ago and we got a date night out of it!  It was such a blast to catch up with everyone and hang out.  We all got a kick out of Charlie's dress shoes falling apart and having to get a pair of shoes from the groomsmen.  He doesn't have to dress up for work, so the dress shoes only get used on special occasions and who knows how old they were.... come to think of it we really need to remember to go get him some new ones! 
So our buddy that got married, well his dad was our highschool teacher back in the day.  So of course we all had to get a Eagle High picture with Mr. Corey.  
Another instance when he wants to do what his sisters are doing.  Sometimes I let them have picnics in the tv room for lunch.  I'll either lay out a towel or set up the tv tray.  This time he was not about to sit in his highchair while sister had a picnic.  So I got him down and put his plate on the tray.  He ran to the bathroom and grabbed the little stool in there and brought it over for his little seat.  I was cracking up because sometimes the things he does like this totally catch me off guard.  
Still pulling his up bright and early stunts... and most mornings I'm so groggy we just hang out by the fire place until I can wake myself up or until the rest of the house wakes up.  This one morning though he was being so super cute and I just had to realize that those moments are more for me and him and our alone time without anyone else around.  
I was SHOCKED that he laid down and pretended to "Camp" with the girls.  He is constantly on the move, for him to play along with the girls was something worth documenting! 
Grandma made a special delivery of papusas and cortitho (El Salvadorian specialty and my favorite dish of hers) the other day.  And it was much much needed.  Wednesdays around here are tough and we don't get done with dance until super late so dinner i always super late and the kiddos go to bed super late.  So to have dinner dropped off for us totally saved the day.  And there was enough of it that Charlie and I also got it for lunch.  It smelled so so good that I couldn't help myself!
Cute little man one year's difference.  Both shirts say he loves his "mummy" and both shirts are lying!  Of course he loves me, but oh man Daddy is his whole world and he very much so prefers his company.  Still the same melt downs when daddy leaves for work.  The shirt on the right was a hand me down from sisters, so that's fun too. =) 

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor