Anyway, I'm exhausted and totally overwhelmed. Lydia's birthday is this weekend and I feel like my to do list is a million miles long. Not to mention I need to start thinking of her birthday post. We are doing her party on Sunday with our families as well. So of course my crazy ass self will go crazy with decorations and party stuff. I know I should probably scale it back a little (ok a lot) but I can't and really don't want to even if it makes me feel overwhelmed. ha ha ha. October is going to be one crazy busy month. I was looking at the calendar the other day and realized that we only had six days the entire month that we didn't have something going on except for school. SIX! Yikes. And then it's November and we are off to Disneyland! I'm in serious need of a pause button, time is going WAY. TOO. FAST.
So here's a quick recap of what we've been up to lately. These posts seem so general because they just bounce around instead of blogging about each activity... but who has time for that now a days! ha ha ha. As usual I got these all of Instagram, but thought I'd give some back story to them.
So Lydia has been in her big girl bed for a while now. She was doing so great in it and wouldn't get out of it at all until we came to get her. And then all the sudden she discovered her freedom. The first time she was up three times after being put to bed before finally falling asleep, and then she woke Charlie up four times through the night with the excuse of needing to potty (of course we jump at that, so she has us trained now) and then she was up for the morning at 6:30am! YIKES. The last few nights have gone better, she's staying in bed after being put to bed and sleeping all night, but waking up super early. Some mornings she goes and wakes up Natalia (who ever thought that day would come! ha ha ha) Usually they play in the toy room or Natalia's room when that happens. Sunday morning they probably played for like 30 minutes upstairs and we "slept in" until 8am. They came running into our bedroom then. (I think Natalia's cow clock changed to the morning picture so they figured it was safe to come downstairs ha ha ha) But it was super cute because they had both put on cowgirl hats and put one of the doll cowgirl hats on Lydia's Minnie. Naps aren't the greatest either if they happen. She used to take two hour naps, now it's usually about an hour-hour and a half... if not she plays for about 30 min in her bed and then comes out.
I found this adorable idea for a countdown on Pinterest, and so we got to work today.... 32 days until Disney!
No one else showed up for swim lessons last Saturday in the girls classes, so they got private lessons. At the end they got to do the Canoe together and they loved it!!
Charlie sold all his magic cards!!! No Hell did not freeze over. ;) He mostly plays online now, and when he does play in person it's always with new cards.... so all the cards in the closet under the stairs just sat there. His friend Pete bought out the collection and it was so strange to see them go. But, as part of the deal Charlie gets to move all his Star Wars stuff into that closet and then gets to display some of it in the guest room upstairs. I can't even begin to describe the amount of boxes this guy has of Star Wars toys/memorabilia etc he has. YIKES. Some of it he got out and let the girls play with. They seriously spent all of Sunday morning play with the figurines and ships. Both of them have attached to a Princess Leia figurine. We had to make a rule that the dolls aren't allowed to leave the house, or they'd probably take them every where. It's kind of fun to see them so interested in something Charlie loves so much. I love the movies too and grew up watching them (Derek and I would have marathons and watch them in a row) so I'm pretty excited for them to see the movies too.
Last Tuesday was our actual wedding anniversary. Since we went to the coast to celebrate we didn't have anything big planned for the night. We decided to do a family date night and go out to dinner. After tossing out a couple of ideas to Natalia she went with Cafe Rio. YUM YUM. We all love that place!
A while back I mentioned my car battery dying at dance... well it kept happening. It was such a pain!! Monday the 22nd, I finished helping in Natalia's classroom and had my Grandma at home with Lydia and Quinton. So I ran to O'Reily's and got a new battery for the car. I told Charlie about it but then we both kind of spaced it and didn't fix it that night. BIG MISTAKE. Tuesday morning we are running a couple of minutes behind but not too bad. We got all loaded in the car only for me to discover it was dead! After about two minutes of freaking out and cussing up a storm I jumped into action. My bike and trailer were trapped on the other side of my car in the garage so I took them apart and was able to get them out. I got it reattached and loaded Natalia and Quinton in the trailer and Lydia in the little seat attached to my bike and took off as fast as my out of shape body could go. Thank goodness we live just a few minutes away from school. Any further I probably would have said screw it and kept her home that day. We made it to the school just a couple of minutes late and I think her teacher was at the door about to lock it and let her in (other wise I would have had to drag everyone into the main office to sign her in) Lydia had to miss dance that day and she was so bummed. I had wanted to get grocery shopping done after dance and that didn't happen either. GRRR. (Oh by the way Charlie was downtown for a work seminar and had no way of helping me, otherwise he would have been at work two minutes away and could have come home to save the day) We had to ride the bike back to school to pick her up and my space case brain mixed up the days and kept thinking it was Wednesday (late start/late release) when really it was Tuesday so we were a minute late picking her up too. UGH!!! Thankfully they all seemed to enjoy the bike ride and now I realize I should do it more often... except I'm exhausted and really don't feel up to it ha ha ha.
![]() |
| Just hanging out in the trailer, being a happy baby |
And of course it was game day and I had to have them all decked out in their Bronco best. They looked so stinking cute!! I haven't been able to get them all in Bronco gear again for game days since. Natalia has a mind of her own now and Lydia is starting to fight our outfit choices too. =( But I'm glad I got this one at least.
So there you have it. Just some of what we have been up to. I'm really hoping that I don't suck at blogging all our fun stuff this month... fingers crossed.










No comments:
Post a Comment