Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Disney On Ice

 While on our trip to Oregon Charlie's sisters and I began texting and deciding if we should attempt to take the girls to Disney On Ice... Then John and Charlie wanted to go, so it became an all family event.  =)  We took the girls two years ago to it and they loved it, even though Lydia was only just 13 months old, she still recognized Mickey/Minnie enough to enjoy the show.  This time around instead of being princess themed the show was focused on celebrations and had all sorts of characters.  Natalia loved the part where they talked about summer vacation and Lilo and Stitch came out.  She loves the Hawaiian Roller Coaster ride song that plays in the movie while they surf and they started to play it during the show and she got super excited.  It was a total blast, the girls loved it... and so did Charlie and I.  Let's face it we're just big kids stuck in adult bodies.  His family said the four of us were totally entranced the whole show and they laughed at us.  ;)  My friend Cheryl had texted a couple of days prior and offered to watch Quinton for us, which worked out so perfectly.  I didn't have to fuss over him or worry about him and I could enjoy the show.  We each had a girl on our laps and it was perfect.  It seriously made me that much more excited for our trip though.  I almost burst into tears watching Lydia's reaction to seeing Mickey and Minnie come out... man am I in trouble when she's actually face to face with them!  I don't care how hard the time in the car may be, or how little we may be able to do at the actual park because of them being so young... them getting to meet Mickey/Minnie/Princesses and just being surrounded by all the magic that is Disney is worth it to me.  When they are older we'll go back and get a whole different kind of trip out of it and it'll be just as worth it. =)  **17 days and counting!!!

Pretty girls all dressed up and ready to go to the show!
All the cousins wanted to ride together so we got all five car seats in the back of my car.  LOVE my car.  They drove Charlie and myself crazy but they had so much fun being together!
The girls got their promised snow cones for being good at swim lessons earlier that day.  Lydia got hers in a Minnie cup and Natalia's was in a Cinderella cup.  I think the Sorcerer's Apprentice bit was Lydia's favorite.  She loves "wizard" Mickey. 
A cute picture Cheryl sent me of Quinton while we were out! 



Facebook link to more fun pictures: Disney on Ice

1 comment:

Sharlee said...

I can't wait to do things like this with JaiseAnn one day!!!! Seriously sounds so fun!

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor