Thursday, November 28, 2013

25 Weeks/ So Thankful

I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is flying by.  I'm over half way through and really with Christmas etc coming up the rest is bound to just fly by.
23 week belly shot:
25 week belly shot:
So finally I see some change.  I do feel huge and EXHAUSTED.  I'm just a couple of weeks away from seeing the doctor again and having to drink my glucose drink.  Then she's having me come back three weeks later to do an ultrasound to check on my placenta.  (please oh please move)  Although a C-section would make it a lot easier to plan on my mom getting here in time for the birth... I just really really want to try to go at this natural this time around.  He's still as active as ever and I can see his movements through my belly now.  Kinda creepy and cool.  ha ha ha.  He tends to stick to my right side and he really prefers if I sleep on my ride side, although it's supposed to be better for both of us if I sleep on my left. 

We've begun the baby room!!  Charlie cleared out all his magic cards and set up the crib.  I finished Natalia's dresser (pics to come) and this weekend Charlie is going to do the furniture switch around so that Natalia's dresser/white chair go into Lydia's room.  And, Lydia's dresser (changing table)/glider go into the baby room.  My dear sweet awesome family has decided to throw me a baby shower... and despite me feeling guilty over that (apparently according to Babycenter it's super tacky to have more the one baby shower) I'm going to let them because he deserves to be celebrated.  Thank you for the perspective Dawn. ;)  So that will take place in January during one of my mom's visits back and she's bringing baby bedding with her.  Then we can really get the room done.  In the mean time I've begun my projects for his room.  This being one:
I saw this really cool idea on Pinterest on how to do a baby name.  I wanted to do something a little less girly for his name.  So I spray painted the frames orange (need an oval one still) then I'll use a gray pattern fabric or paper as the background.  The letters of his name will be a dark blue (his room is gray/blue with whales and orange accents to get the BSU feel to it) Anyway once it's done I'll post it and then you'll all know his name.  ;)  

Leading up to Thanksgiving we had a few fun things going on around here.  
I traced the girls hands and feet onto construction paper and then we made turkeys out of them.
One night we made a turkey pizza (I even used turkey pepperoni) it was ok tasting... meh I'd rather have Chicago Connection.  But at least it was fun to make.  
Charlie took Wednesday before Thanksgiving off so that we could go to the Discovery Center.  I still say most of it is over the girls head's.  But we can still get a good hour in there before they loose total interest.

We celebrated Thanksgiving a day early with Charlie's family and had our big dinner Wednesday night.  At the end of the night the girls were in matching jammies and dancing around.  It was super cute.  I took a lot of pictures with my big camera and will get those up on Facebook soon.  Thanksgiving was spent decorating the house for Christmas.  But I still want to spend a few minutes talking about being Thankful.  I'm so very Thankful for Charlie and all that he does for us.  For his job and income so that I can stay home.  For our beautiful home.  I'm so very thankful for these two beauties: 

Sometimes they drive me CRAZY.  Lydia's been having a really rough week.  My easy going mellow girl is non-existent lately.  I don't know if it's just typical terrible 2's or if something else is up.  Because we are so used to her being so easy it's been especially difficult to adjust to this new attitude.  Despite that though, these two girls are the most amazing little people and I'm so happy and thankful to be their mommy.  I'm so very thankful for the little guy growing in my belly and so very thankful for everyday that he stays in there getting bigger.   These two girls keep me on my toes and I'm always trying to be a better mommy each day.  

We had a nail/toe painting party and the girls got a good kick out of it:

WE had a small snow storm and the girls built a snowman with Charlie, Natalia named him "Frosty" 

It all started with our outside lights.  It was sunny out the weekend before Thanksgiving so I thought it would be a good chance to get our lights up.  I didn't like the idea of Charlie up on the roof when it's icy.  So in order to get to the bin with lights Charlie just brought all the Rubbermaid bins full of Christmas decor into the house.  When my mom moved last year my collection nearly doubled, so I thought I'd spend the next few days sorting through what we had and then I would decorate on Friday like I always do.  HA!  I couldn't help myself.  I saw our neighbors behind us put up their tree.... so I was ITCHING to do ours.  So up it went.  ;)  It looks so freaking teeny tiny in our living room now because our ceiling is so much higher in this house.  It as the perfect size in our old house and has been a wonderful tree to us.  We got it the day after Christmas a few years back for super cheap and thankfully none of the lights have burnt out.  So new plan, day after Christmas this year I have to go get a taller tree!!  Anyway, once the tree was up it was all over.  Slowly but surely things started to trickle out.  Now my house is a Christmas wonderland and I LOVE it.  Natalia was dancing around singing "our house is going to be the best Christmas house ever" one afternoon and it made my heart happy.  

Anyway this weekend is going to be SO MUCH FUN.  Briana is coming over tomorrow to spend some time with the girls and they are super excited.  Saturday our Elf Jingle is coming back so I've got cute PJ's and our reindeer breakfast planned.  Sunday we have tickets to go on The Thunder Mountain Train to go see Santa.  Hopefully the train ride itself isn't too boring, it's a good hour and a half, but Charlie and I talked about breaking out our family Christmas present early to help pass the time.  We bought an iPad as our family gift this year.  (Target had a good deal one week so I bought it super early and just hid it)  I kept the girls gifts to just a few small things in anticipation for this... but I really think we'll all benefit from having one.  Charlie and I had a date night a couple of weeks back thanks to my mama and between dinner and our dollar movie we had a couple of hours to kill so we went to Target and just got the girls done even their stockings/Santa gift.  Speaking of gifts, I'm soooo sooo close to being done shopping for everyone.  All I have left is Charlie's dad and wife and Charlie left and that is it.  His dad and Cece will be easy they usually give us a pretty good list of books etc they want.  But Charlie... man am I stumped.  Thankfully with everyone done I can focus on him the next couple of weeks.  ;)

I just ordered our Christmas cards.  I'm working on updating my address book.  I love love love receiving cards in the mail so I would love it if you send me one.  And let me know if you'd like one from me.  =)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Asking for addresses and cards is tacky. Come on Selena!!!

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor